Automobile research project

Good morning, and please forgive the intrusion--this is not spam or solicitation.

I have a client who would like to survey owners of certain automobiles, including certain high-end models from Mercedes Benz. This is an on-line questionnaire, no more than about 20 minutes long. We will mail to you a gift of $50, in cash, as a thank-you for your time and trouble.

If you're interested, please get back to me--either by phone or email--and I will send to you the password and URL.

Thank you so much for your help.

Best regards, David Leonard

___________ David Leonard, Director pfc Marketing Research New York, NY Tel: 212.289.0087 Fax: 212.410.1382

Reply to
David Leonard

to enable him to toelrate social conditions that he would otherwise find intolerable. (Yes, we know that depression is often of purely genetic origin. We are referring here to those cases in which environment plays the predominant role.) 146. Drugs that affect the mind are only one example of the methods of controlling human behavior that modern society is developing. Let us look at some of the other methods. 147. To start with, there are the techniques of surveillance. Hidden video cameras are now used in most stores and in many other places, computers are used to collect and process vast amounts of information about individuals. Information so obtained greatly increases the effectiveness of physical coercion (i.e., law enforcement).[26] Then there are the methods of propaganda, for which the mass communication media provide effective vehicles. Efficient techniques have been developed for winning elections, selling products, influencing public opinion. The entertainment industry serves as an important psychological tool of the system, possibly even when it is dishing out large amounts of sex and violence. Entertainment provides modern man with an essential means of escape. While absorbed in television, videos, etc., he can forget stress, anxiety, frustration, dissatisfaction. Many primitive peoples, when they don't have work to do, are quite content to sit for hours at a time doing nothing at all, because they are at peace with themselves and their world. But most modern people must be contantly occupied or entertained, otherwise the get "bored," i.e., they get fidgety, uneasy, irritable. 148. Other techniques strike deeper that the foregoing. Education is no longer a simple affair of paddling a kid's behind when he doesn't know his lessons and patting him on the head when he does know them. It is becoming a scientific technique for controll

Reply to
David Leonard