Top Gear Survey / M-Class bombs

No waiting for a car in the 'old' Poland, then?

OT: Did you the story about the Polish dog looking at East German dog across the Oder river?

East German dog: Oh, I wish I were on your side, then I could bark freely...

Polish dog: And I wish I were on your side, so that I could eat freely....

But:

Q: How did you tell the difference between a tile shop and a butcher's shop in East Germany?

A: Meat hooks hanging from the wall.

Or:

Q: How did you tell the difference between a greengrocer's and a butcher's in East Germany?

A: Tiles on the wall...

Ahhhh, the good old days...

BTW, I don't agree at all that HU was "almost capitalist" unless you mean it in the sense of "a miss is as good as a mile". And if it were, so what? Didn't stop the bread queues or the secret police.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Waiting for a car? Sure, but I wasn't talking about that. I don't know if that's so serious. If you had connections, like my father, you just went and got one, couldn't get the export version any other way. The commies did not want people too mobile.

:-) funny I don't know about the eating part, the only complaints regarding food was when the commies hoarded all the food in case of a Soviet invasion in the 80's, when literally only vinegar was on the shelf. Of course, there was much more choice in West Germany, they must have the best processed food in the world, culinary German engineering I guess. I remember when some food "aid" came in from the US, that was some disgusting shit, farmer fed that to their pigs. Must've been leftovers

:-) yeah, that applied to Poland as well sometimes.

Ahhhh, well that is relative. My family does not have any serious complaints regarding life in communist Poland. Though living in West Germany was much better of course.

My point was that every eastern bloc country different.

cp

Reply to
cp
1) Well, it was an East German joke, not a Polish one...

2) Agreed.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling