Anyone tried this, would it fit??

Reply to
Clever Trevor

Probably

would it fit??

Yes. but why?

Reply to
Mason

cos it's bigger and cheaper than an 20XE? And it costs a lot to get a

20XE to 2.1L never mind 2.2L or 2.4L
Reply to
Peter Hill

Ok i'll try to clarify.

Why spend that much money on a corsa (buying engine+running gear+labour to fit (or man hours wasted if you are performng the conversion yourself) on a corsa?

does_not_compute

Reply to
Mason

name of the group might be a giveaway

but why a 2.2 ecotec

for what you'd pay for one you could get an equally powerful C20XE plus change for mods or a C20LET lump :)

Reply to
Rob

You're slagging a Corsa off, yet you find a Renault 5 acceptable ?

'Horses for Courses'.

Reply to
LordyUK

really?

uk.rec.cars.pointless.modifications?

polish turd can't

Mason

Reply to
Mason

For a given value of "acceptable". It was a toy, nothing more :o)

At least it goes round corners without falling over and has decent acceleration. I'd take it over a corsa everyday.

I'd possibly have a corsa as a workhorse, allthough even then I doubt i'd be able to make myslef buy one.

Reply to
Mason

Why is ANYONE in this group? You all, with the exception of a few, hate all modifications!? Surely, the main focus of modding is its a hobby, whether its a waste of cash or not, most hobbies are.

2.2 Ecotec is quite nice as well, very smooth and torquey, would probly make a Corsa fairly fly...
Reply to
DanTXD

Because it's modifcation to taste. I love modifying cars but cannot understand modding a corsa to that level.

The whole point of groups like this is to get other peoples opinions, it's simply my opinion that corsa's should not get modified.

If I got to the point with a car where I decided I wasn't happy with it unless it got a new engine then i'd sell it and buy as car I was more satisfied with.

Take the BM for example, if I wanted anE30 M3 I wouldnt attempt to convert this one. I'd buy an E30 M3.

Just my opinion is all.

Would you drop a GTi6 engine in your car or would you prefer to buy a GTi6?

Mason

Reply to
Mason

Me neither, but whatever floats your boat :)

Fair.

A 206 GTi-6 might be a laugh :)

Reply to
DanTXD

Gah for some reason I had it in my head that you had a 306 :o)

Same point stands though. Insert 206 GTi 180 lump rather than Gti6.

Reply to
Mason

150 bhp at outset, very flexible, chain cam.
Reply to
Tim S Kemp

It feels quick enough in a new shape vectra, and sounds great at max RPM.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

No, it's not the same thing. They don't make 2.2 corsas (or 2.0 Turbo) but the same basic engine appears in different forms in the range (1.8i for example). It's like putting a V12 5.0 in a 3 series compact (hartge's trick IIRC) or a Pug 3.0V6 in a 306 (really good idea, that'll mean /two/ french cars off the road)

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Especially with a numpty like you driving it

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Sounds fair to me. Small car that doesn't need to be ragged within an inch of it's life to make progess. Engine will be cheaper to maintain, as chains tend to have longer lives, and need less attention than belts.

People often discount engine swaps as being yet another Chavvy mod. but if the engine can fit fairly easily, and be done fairly cheaply, why not.

All these people that say, if you want a 2.2 car, why not buy a 2.2 car? Simple, because to generally get the power to weight ratio and torque of a 2.2 in a 1.2/1.4, you would be looking at sticking a 3 litre into a

2.2 if not bigger, and usually have a much larger car to drive, park, garage.

As long as the brakes/suspension/chassis is sympathetically altered to suit the weight and extra power of the bigger lumps.

Engine swaps are not the work of the devil...

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

A guy I know spent £2.5k have a one off custom body kit designed for his Corsa.

He now gets a cut of the tamed down production version profits, because it is based on his design. He ain't going to retire on the procedes, in fact he makes very little, as it was a very extreme kit, but every now and again, he gets a little cheque through the post.

His own kit was so low + the fact that he had 18's with rubber bands on, mean't that he had to drive slowly everywhere avoiding pot holes and speed bumps, evenutally the spoiler got severerly mashed after a badger ran into the front of his car on an NSL single lane road. Took 2 months to rebuilt to his standard.

And yes, even lowered as far as he could, the car still looked a little like a Cartoon tractor, but the execution of the finish was flwless and did get him magazine features for it.

Since then, he bought a 200SX S14, but since then had a kid, so sold that and bought a Scoob WRX as it was more family practical.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

In news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net, Pete M decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

*missing footnote* [1] Ok, the Escort wasn't very good at laying down the power [2], but it was a brilliant hillclimber. [2] 5th gear, 1000 rpm, tyre shredding wheelspins anyone?
Reply to
Pete M

Hello,

I know some>