Citroen Saxo Headlights + ESCAPEE bulb!

This sounds so completely and utterly stupid...

I went to change my headlights from halogen to Xenon filled ones cos i realised that after having a saxo for a few months and the darker months already being here that the lights and crap. I basically resorted to putting front fogs on, and i'm not really that keen on doing that. Sooo I changed the main beam lamps with no problem, although the side lights were a bit of a nightmare. I put a bulb in, then i decided that it didn't fit right went to take it out to only have the bulb escape into the light unit. With the glass lens being clear you can see this lovely blue bulb (great) :| Any ideas on how to get it out. I tried mucking about to get it out using magnets to no avail. The other idea i had was to take the glass front off, but i have no idea if its A) possible or B) how to do it. Please help..

TIA, Saxo owner with a stupid looking set of headlights!

Reply to
Aly

take the whole unit out and give it a shake, pain in the ass but not rocket sience to do! even i could do that! :)

Reply to
Vamp

I was tempted to do that, but that means a pain in the ass thats what we call last resort when i have a day off.. could be waiting a while *sighs*

Reply to
Aly

try bending an old wire coat hanger, might be able to hook it?

Reply to
Vamp

Get the dyson out!

Reply to
ijsaunders

There is way too much involved in taking the headlights out, removing bumper etc sooo i think as stupid as i'll look (not that i'm not looking or feeling stupid already :S ) i'll just hoover the engine.... this could be interesting.. stay tuned to the outcome when the neighbours go to work *cinge*

Reply to
Aly

Pain in the ass? Day off? Waiting a while? Dude, what exactly were you tempted to do?

(c:

Douglas

PS, It helps anally retentive bastards like me if you quote a little bit of what you're replying to and who said it.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

I got it sorted. I was tempted to take the bumper off was what i was saying in my last post :P But thats like difficult for someone who has one shitty jack and no garage to put the car in!

I tried getting the hoover into the unit but i couldn't find any form of tubing that i could attach that would fit in. So i tried tiewraps with both sellotape and magnets on it. But the simple answer was oh ye faithful coat hanger.... Its saved my puff twice now! I attached sellotap to the straightened out coat hanger and bingo! The only problem was trying to get both the coat hanger and the bulb out without touching the reflector. and even better, the bulb that was in the light still works, so its in its proper place now.. made sure the bugger was in tight this time!

Thanks for the ideas though folks!

Reply to
Aly