Reckon this might have potential.

As long as the chassis solid that is. Don't Herald chassis suffer massive outrigger rot?

Reply to
Elder

Potential for what?

Looks like a heap of utter s**te to me.

Reply to
SteveH

Look, you might find it missing a few of the basic essentials of the travelling sales rep like Nicad battery pack and somewhere to hang a coat hanger, and an idiots lantern in the centre of the dash to tell you which train track to drive down, but what is there is essentially a traditional british "Special".

Reply to
Elder

The person who built it was certainly 'special'. Is is anyone who would want to buy it.

Reply to
SteveH

Elder gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

That sort of thing usually had the outriggers chopped off anyway, AIUI.

Anyway, whilst we're on fleaBay stuff, what's the assembled multitude's opinion of...

I collect it in a couple of weeks...

Reply to
Adrian

I like that. Age wise how does it rank in the 2CV world? Is it getting a bright lurid paint job, or staying battleship grey?

Reply to
Elder

Elder gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Mid-70s is fairly early within the "modern era" - so built properly, out of proper metal, and mechanically much more "modern" than the older stuff

- so it's got nice little modern details like an oil filter...

Dunno yet. We'll see what it looks like in the flesh. I _think_ the photo's not doing the colour many favours, and it's actually one of the many shades of beige they did.

Reply to
Adrian

Lovely.

I really must find an excuse to come over in your direction to have a go in a 2CV.

Reply to
SteveH

The only way you could make that more French would be to have a Gauliose smoking, onion selling, accordion playing, stripey jumper and berret wearing, port blockading,striking lorry driver at the wheel.

Like it.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

multitude's=20

That looks really good fun

--=20 Alex

"I laugh in the face of danger , then I hide until it goes away"

Reply to
Dr Zoidberg

Sweet!!

I went to the supercar Breakfast Club at Goodwood this morning and in the main car park, parked next to an Ultima was a green and white 2CV - loved it, and so did plenty of other people. How can you not like them? :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

It's 600 miles away, has a broken frame, needs trailering and you paid 800 quid?

Ze crazy rosbifs.

Reply to
Grant

"Grant" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Each way

Chassis changes isn't a big problem.

Trailer blagged, ferry cheaper than I expected.

Sight unseen.

Mais oui, bien sur.

Reply to
Adrian

On Sun, 07 Jun 2009 16:25:45 +0100, Grant mumbled:

I reckon with a new chassis fitted - which isn't a hard job - it'll be worth 3 or 4 times what Adrian got it for looking at what even standard

2CVs in good order seem to be fetching.

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Mike P gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

See also...

And let's not even discuss the French idea of "restoration". Mr MOT, he no likey structural pop-rivets.

Something un-pissed-around-with is a MUCH better starting point.

Reply to
Adrian

On Sun, 07 Jun 2009 16:19:05 +0000, Adrian mumbled:

That looks a bit scabby but nothing too bad. Any more detail on the chassis problem? It doesn't look like it's sagging in the usual place - the ones I've had have gone on the passenger side in front of the axle mountings.

I'm looking for a cheapy car to just get to work in at the moment. I'm resisting temptation to whizz a bid on this scabby old dog. I've got a bonnet and vent panel repair piece in my brother's garage..

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Mike P gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Yeh, but for that money...?

No, but if Mr CT says it's fooked, it must be bad. You can just about see the a-panels bulging out a bit in the pic.

I can only imagine how horrible that shell really is. It looks bad enough from outside.

Reply to
Adrian

On Sun, 07 Jun 2009 16:45:28 +0000, Adrian mumbled:

New chassis seems to be around £620 for an Acad. The body doesn't appear too bad on it. I reckon it'll still be worth a fair bit more than it'll cost to get it back on the road once you've finished. As you know, good

2CVs and Acads go for silly money now.

Anyway,It's a classic car that you like. Since when has sense had anything to do with that ?

Doesn't look that bad. I've MOT'd worse. What is the CT test like compared to the MOT out of interest? I presume it's stricter from what you say.

Couple of hours with the MIG and a tub of dulux innit? Providing the chassis isn't suffering the same fate..

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Mike P gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

By "for that money", I was thinking of that other AK - the ?2200 shed on leboncoin...

Acad chassis is longer than AK, so more money. OTOH, if I keep the AK with front drums, that adds a little to the cost. The new chassis is already under discussion.

The CT is much, much laxer than the MOT. Almost comically so. So if the CT man doesn't like it, it's going to be thoroughly foldy. Hence "trailer only". TBH, it doesn't really make a lot of difference. If it's going to be rechassised, it's going to be rechassised. It's the shell that makes all the difference.

Reply to
Adrian

On Sun, 07 Jun 2009 17:23:03 +0000, Adrian mumbled:

Ah, that is a shed. I thought you were on about the one you just bought.

ECAS appear to do a non-galv one for £616 inc delivery

I reckon you'll have found a cheaper one though.

Ah, sounds like the Greek one used to be. I drove some shockingly shoddy cars over there that were fully legal.

Mike P

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P