(removable) hard drive mp3 player?

Hi, I want to put a hard drive mp3 player into my car. I'm struggling a bit to find something decent, so could anyone please help in pointing me towards a good site / product range? Ideally I would like to have say a 40GB removable disk, which I could easily bring to my PC and sync via a (host powered) firewire cable. I was thinking of putting an iPod in the boot, but there dooes not seem to be any products out there for that yet. I'm keeping an eye on the iceLink product range, but would like to have a removable option wither in the boot or as the main sound system. Do you know if any solution will also display the song title / album / band etc? I have an Audi A4 and a hands free kit so I'd rather not have a second adapter sticking out of the dashboard.

Thanks

Reply to
apta10

uk.rec.cars.modifications. Ronny on there has an Audi (can't remember if it's an A4 or A6) with a very nice car pc install. You should be able to do it fairly cheaply if you don't go down the route of a full touchscreen (I think someone like bit-tech did an article on fitting a serial controlled 3 or 4 line backlit screen with buttons a while ago)

Reply to
Doki

I thought I was in uk.rec.cars.maintainance for some reason :P.

Reply to
Doki

You need a

Nom