Top Gear

cheers for the headsup i almost forgot :)

Reply to
Vamp

love that coffee table and chairs :)

although i dont think it would look quite as good with a pair of old nova sr buckets and my old nv lump from the bottom of the shed :)

Reply to
Rob

The s**te porsches amused me :) New Golf GTi is ridiculously overpriced.

Reply to
DanTXD

i've hated the golf ever since the MKIV came out and still do going by the new one! i'd have a civic type R given the choice but no surprise really :)

Reply to
Vamp

The Golf was £5,000 MORE than the quicker Civic Type R. You could get a CTR supercharged for less than £5k, and then have like, 250bhp, shedloads of torque, and high revs fun :)

Reply to
DanTXD

Then get a manky rotten old Senator with a nice leather interior (or Carlton) and get the seats out of that.

Peter

-- "The humble bic biro draws 13 beards, 9 devil moustaches and 49 penises on newspapers in it's lifetime."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Cheers for the reminder - I'd probably have otherwise forgot.

I missed the bit where they spent money improving their Porsches, as I was in the kitchen burning toast, heating beans and sprinkling ready grated cheese over the beans.

But I saw the blind bloke do the lap quicker than Whiteley and Wogan. Respect to him. And it would have been even quicker had it not been for Clarkson's cockups.

Peter

-- "The humble bic biro draws 13 beards, 9 devil moustaches and 49 penises on newspapers in it's lifetime."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

I've seen that blind guy on TV before (Men and Motors), he broke the speed record for blind riders on a motorbike. Had a rider on either side of him talking to him by radio as he hammered his bike up a runway. Amazing.

Reply to
Comfortably Numb

And set an alarm for next week - 7pm.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Was I the only one nearly in tears as that 928 was run ragged? I'm sure it could have been fixed :(

And Hamster's 924 had a well shagged gearbox. He said it was a wheelbearing, but I'm sure he was wrong. Any of the people in this group could have done better, I reckon.

I have seen 924S' sell for £1,500. Not many though.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK-PB

Damned right we could.

For =A31700 I got a totally solid GT4 with a couple of minor=20 mechanicalsthat haven't stoipped it being a reliable daily driver (my=20 tinkering is what hase buggered up various things).

I bought a Saab 900 Turbo for =A3300 that cost me =A31700 in the end and wa= s=20 a perfectly good winter hack for someone or good with time (if they had=20 their own workshop), but I wanted something newer (you reach a point=20 where the next projected fix will cost as much as the next car could and=20 I wanted something different even if I have a few niggles now). Given=20 =A31500, I reckon I would have gone the 924 route, and found something far= =20 better running, if not rougher looking for well under =A31500 given half a= =20 chance.

--=20 "Sorry Sir, the meatballs are Orf" The poster formerly known as Skodapilot.

Sleeker GT Phwoar

Is he also the bloke who set a speed record at Boscombe down in an MG-TF? If he is, I know the blokes what built the car.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I'm not sure about doing it in an MG-TV but it was at Boscombe Down he rode the motorbike.

Comfortably Numb

Just checked, no it was someone else, ex-copper Ken Moss who set the blind speed record using whizzy technology for guidance rather than a less than whizzy Clarkson, J.

Reply to
Steve Firth

they are NOT s**te.

Reply to
Theo

"Theo" wrote

Calm down Theo, you can't exactly call those three examples on Top Gear "good"

Or are you a closet Top Gear presenter, you coincidentally were asking about Porsche 924 parts earlier on, possibly when the feature was being made...

Reply to
fishman

Those ones were.

Reply to
DanTXD

You don't seriously think they found and bought the cars themselves? Will have been a few spotty researchers. Making their way up in the meja by creating 'the truth'. Cynical, moi? Never...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You should have seen the program, any car that breaks down every two miles is definitely s**te.

Reply to
Steve Firth