Top gear best driving songs.

I agree with all of those 4 :D

Reply to
DanTXD

That's cos we're young!! I bet the oldies will be slagging them off soon. People like Nom ;)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

He likes dance music...

Reply to
DanTXD

Blimey :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Chop Suey's a good tune. I'd also agree with PeteM's suggestion of "Take the Long Way Home" by Supertramp.

I'd also chuck in "Far" by the Longpigs. Actually "All Hype" by them as well (I've had that album on recently".

Shit, whole load of stuff I could mention - "Falling Down" by Muse is a great driving tune. Another Supertramp one - "From Now On". I think the 1st movement of Gershwin's Piano Concerto *has* to have a special mention, though it's not technically a song. And James - Sit Down would go on my list as well. Nothing Lasts Forever (Reverb and the Rabbit Boys) and You can Talk to Me (The Seahorses) would go on my list too.

That'll do for now.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Whilst we're on the subject, anyone got a link to this weeks torrent file (no direct links on FinalGear and I can't be arsed to set up iRC).

Reply to
LordyUK

Well, for singles, I'd go for:

1) Yours Truly, 2095 - ELO 2) All Along the Watchtower - Hendrix 3) Heartbeat - Annie 4) First it Giveth - Queens of the Stone Age 5) Whiskey in the Jar - Mettalica 6) Rodeohead 7) Gin 'n Juice - Rodney Carrington

But I generally prefere to listen to whole albums in the car, so (in no particular order);

1) Too Young to Die - Saint Etienne 2) The Contino Sessions - Death In Vegas 3) Dark Side of the Moon 4) Time - ELO 5) The Grey Album - DJ Danger Mouse 6) Absolution - Muse 7) Thirteen Tales from Urban Bohemia - The Dandy Warhols

No doubt the list would be different if asked a week ago.

Cheers.

Reply to
conkersack

Don't know the last one, but if it is as good as the others. Well cool. And I'm an old fart, just to prove Dan wrong.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Thats why I went with Glenn Miller. Not your usual "Rock/Pop" driving song, but bloody good to drive to.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

They have a Java IRC thingy on their site. No setup required.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Yeah, cos I'm all of 26 now :) I only ever listen to trancey dancey stuff in the car - work commute this morning was accompanied by "Godskitchen - Classics"

- I rekon "Ayla" is about my favorite tune on there.I was 18 or so when the whole "Ibiza" music thing started, and I've stuck with it ever since...

Reply to
Nom

...makes me lose the will to live !

Reply to
Nom

I usually listen to smooth funky jazz or guitar shredders in the car, depending on mood, but a couple of other tracks which make good driving music:

Santana - Black Magic Woman Lynyrd Skynrd - Freebird

:)

Bigus

Reply to
Bigus

It'll be nowhere near the official results, but my top 5, in no particular order are:

  1. N-Trance - Set You Free (Original Mix)
  2. Motorhead - Ace of Spades
  3. The Caesers - Jerk It Out
  4. The X-Ecutioners (feat. Linkin Park) - It's Going Down
  5. Ayla - Ayla
Reply to
Andy Connolly

The ONLY Skynrd track is Sweet Home Alabama :)

Reply to
DanTXD

Gay :-)

The Creedance is far better ;)

Reply to
DanTXD

It was Carl that made the old people comment!

Not that i wasn't thinking it mind you...

Reply to
DanTXD

I tend to be a Radio 2 listener when commuting. Drive time coming home is usually pretty sweet.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

I'm being lazy, here, not looking it up - who did it originally?

I quite like Burn from that soundtrack (also by The Cure).

Reply to
Douglas Hall

Doh, now I'm senile as well as old.

Reply to