Back from the Old West

Yep. My trip to Arizona went smoothly, and I'm very glad I went.

Flew out Thursday and picked up a silver Mustang convertible with less than

3,500 on the clock. A six-cylinder with automatic, but a real treat. Likes and dislikes are on the new page (along with - yes, Kate - a few photos).

I spent a very enjoyable three days tooling around in that car, from Phoenix to Sedona to the Grand Canyon and back. It held up very well, and I am jealous as hell about the way the new tops fit to the windshield. My '93 GT convertible just doesn't feel the same to me now...

If I traded CFrog for a new six with stick, I'd probably still want that added torque and punch of a V8, but I could live with it. (Easy to say, since I'd still have TFrog in the stable.)

And, yes, I did get to eat at a Marie Callender restaurant, and that didn't disappoint, either!

Ironically, the day I picked up this six, USA Today included a full-page ad about the forthcoming Hertz Mustangs... later in May. I might have to go back to Phoenix.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

Michael Johnson, PE

Not if you traded... ???

Reply to
My Names Nobody

I'm sorry. Mount Hood must be blocking your signal. What was the question?

dwight

Reply to
dwight

That's a Butte......a beautiful scene.

Reply to
GILL

Please don't show me pictures of the Southwest. I miss New Mexico enough just thinking about the upcoming hurricane season. I don't need to see awesome photos of all that big beautiful western sky.

Patrick (a Florida resident already bracing/preparing for the worst, hoping for the best)

Reply to
NoOption5L

If you traded CFrog as your first line says, you would NOT still have TFrog in the stable as you last line says? Would you???

"If I traded CFrog, I'd still have TFrog in the stable"... ???

Reply to
My Names Nobody

That's my dilemma... TFrog ('93 LX 5.0 hatchback/5-speed) is my baby. Bought it new in '93 and plan on keeping it forever. But it's eventually going to cost a whole lotta money to restore. Still... I'm keeping it.

CFrog is a '93 GT convertible I picked up a couple of years ago. Although a really nice example of the species, it's an automatic and much heavier and slower than the other. Definitely will be sold off in favor of a new car.

So, if I traded (sold) CFrog, I'd still have TFrog.

dwight

dwight

I understand.

Now.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

To many Frogs, my mistake...

Reply to
My Names Nobody

Grat site, and photos. I lived in Phoenix for a year, never did get to see as much as you did. I have driven through Flagstaff a number of times, it always seems to be dark when we pass through. I have never taken teh time to go see the canyon... maybe the next time we go through.

Thanks for sharing your photos. Remember when you were a kid, and your folks would drag you someplace to visit and then there would be a slide show of vacation pictures that would bore you to death.? Well, this wasn't like that ;¬D

Oh, and about that honeycomb grille.... all ya need Dwight is an air hose with a blower tip... dries those little things right up.

Enjoyed the show!

Kate

Reply to
Kate

Thanks, Kate, but you didn't get to see the other 348 photos... I ran out of room for the website.

I need a leaf blower.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

: > Thanks for sharing your photos. : > Remember when you were a kid, and your folks would drag you someplace to : > visit and then there would be a slide show of vacation pictures that would : > bore you to death.? : > Well, this wasn't like that ;¬D : : Thanks, Kate, but you didn't get to see the other 348 photos... I ran out of : room for the website. : : > Oh, and about that honeycomb grille.... : > all ya need Dwight is an air hose with a blower tip... dries those little : > things right up. : >

: > Enjoyed the show! : >

: > Kate : : I need a leaf blower.

LOL! It's NOT the same - goofy boy.

Kate

Reply to
Kate

problem.

[...]

BradandBrooks

Well, as a first-generation American (my dad was a Canuck), I can say that I appreciate all parts of the States, each with its own particular beauty - once you get beyond the sameness of the strip malls everywhere. Also, as a born-and-bred Pennsylvanian, I can't think of any place in the U.S. that I'd rather make my home than right here. Arizona was another great place to visit, but I never considered moving there.

TFrog might have made it there and back (just topped 196,000 miles, and I'm still waiting for the implosion), but this was just a long weekend. Besides, I really wanted the chance to sit in a new Mustang for once.

dwight