Mach 460 CD changer crapps out... What to do ???

Hiya all...

My CD changer in my 2001 GT's Mach 460 system just crapped out :(

The radio still works fine, but all the CD's are stuck in the changer. They wont play or eject. I just get "CD ERROR"

Any idea how much a new one cost ??? Can I actually still get an exact replacement ???? Or is there an aftermarket replacement that is as good or better for the same or less money ??? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx !!

Michael

Reply to
Michael

Common problem.They're just stuck, trying to eject but not aligned properly with the slot. Turn the CD changer on, press eject. When the little door opens, poke another CD in and out of the slot a little ways, repeatedly. Poke it in above and below the stuck CD. Eventually the stuck CD will eject. Probably the others will follow without further poking. Best to use a blank or otherwise unwanted CDto poke with as it will prabably get scratched. Good luck.

Bob Hedeen (just traded-in my '01 GT for an '06. No CD problems yet!)

Reply to
Robert A. Hedeen

My 2001 GT had the same problem with the Mach 460 system. All I could get was "CD ERROR." I followed your advice and it worked perfectly. Thanks. The problem was a CD with a paper label. Do not use these in your Mach 460 system. Only use commercial CDs or ones marked with a Marking Pen. Another one that is acceptable to the system is Light Scribe CDs.

Aghnis

Reply to
philoman

I wish it was as easy as poking about with another CD. The little door dosent even open. I opened it with a knife and tried to poke the CD a few times like I did to clear it out a few years back when I had a stuck CD, but this time, I had no luck. The thing is totally screwed this time !!! I'm sure I'm gonna have to shell out some cash to get a new one.

Michael

Reply to
Michael