Value of an 89 Saleen Mustang?

I have a question about the value of an older Saleen Mustang that I'm thinking about purchasing. It's a 1989 Maroon fastback 5spd with 61K miles. The car has had three owners over its life. I may be the 4th. It's in great condition inside and out. I've had the car checked out by Carfax and it comes back 100% clean with no odometer rollbacks or any history of accidents. It has been repainted before, but it looks to be a good repaint and was matched to the original color. The car has the following modifications on it.....

3.73 gears off road H-pipe (original cats come with the car) Smog pump removed w/short belt installed 70mm throttle body 75mm mass air 24lb injectors stainless steel shorty headers Underdrive Pullies Motorsport E303 cam Motorsport Clutch bolt on subframe connectors A/C has been converted to cfc free style tinted windows The car's current owner has all of the original paperwork, service records, and laminated window sticker that came on the car. He's had it verified as an original Saleen. One of only 33 produced that year in that color combo. He was asking 10K, but has agreed to accept $9,000 for the car. Do you feel that this car is worth this kind of money? Thanks for any input.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Adkins

Brian,

$9,000 is more than reasonable for a low mileage documented Saleen..................When you get it, don't forget to contact Steve's wife to update the owners registry.................

Sincerely,

Bill S.

Brian Adk> I have a question about the value of an older Saleen Mustang that I'm

Reply to
Bill S.

Just out of curiousity can you expand on contacting Steve's wife on the owners registry? I know nothing about this and it sounds interesting.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Budwill

The original Saleen registry was run by Steve's wife............Now run as two seperate groups:

Bill S.

Andy Budwill wrote:

Reply to
Bill S.

When I called Saleen to ask about that converitble earlier this year, it was Steve's wife that I talked to also.

Steve

99 Ranger 4x4
Reply to
A Guy Named Steve