96 Maxima - Need New Tires

My '96 Maxima is due for new tires and I was curious if anyone has any recommendations on the type/model I should get, where I should purchase them (dealer, NTB, etc.) and any price estimates?

I currently have 2 Firsetones and 2 Yokohamas (don't ask!long story)- that's why I am asking for assistance. Most of my driving is on a couple pot-hole infested streets (en route to work) and some highway.

Thanks!

Reply to
Batch

You can get some freshly tarred but not feathered tires at Guiterrez Tires.

Batch wrote:

Reply to
Alan

Where are you? Do you do winter driving?

Reply to
David Geesaman

I am in the Washington D.C. area. Not much snow here but there is the occasional snow storm and ice on the roads.

Reply to
Batch

one word,

Michelin's

They are the only tire I recommend.

Reply to
NissTech

Just don't expect them to last as long as they say they will, no matter how you drive.

My Pilot XGT's lasted about 10,000 less than advertised.

Bill G '91 SE Auto

167K Miles

Reply to
Bill G

The Pilot XGT's that we put on out 94 before we sold it exceeded the tread wear life by 15,000 miles.

Reply to
NissTech

BF Goodrich Traction T/A's.

Reply to
Ihatespam

Any good road tire will do I suppose. My concern was the size of the tire. I own a 98 and it has 205 65 15's. I thought this a bit narrow as my 95 Altima has 205 60's. So I replaced the stock tires with 215 60 15's, thats right a wider tire and lower profile. I like it, I ran the numbers and the speedometer will be about 1/2-1 mile an hour fast, which is a good deal if you like to speed.

Reply to
wayne1

I have been satisfied with Toyo Proxes H4 (perhaps no longer available) for non-snow seasons, and Toyo Observe G02 in the winter. The winter tires are particularly good in shush/wet show. But they also handle very nicely on "dry cold snow" and clear roads. Price sort of in the middle. I just get mine from my local maintenance mechanic and tire guy. Get the highest performance rating you can to match the Max suspension. I never shop the chains..... Good luck. Bob

95 SE Auto West suburban Boston

purchase

story)-

Reply to
BeeP

The 225/60-15's are a better match with the 205/65-15's. Almost identical diameter.

Bill G '91 SE Auto

167K miles >
Reply to
Bill G

I just put those on my '91 SE. Replaced the stock 205/65-15's with

225/60-15.

Bill G '91 SE Auto

167K Miles

Reply to