98 Maxima SE remote.

Hello!

Glad I found this newsgroup.

I bought some extra remotes for Maximina and I want to programme them without having to take them to a dealer or pay for someone to give me the instructions from E-Bay.

Anyone out there know how to do this?

Pleas reply to the group or to me directly, ensuring you remove the NO and SPAM.

Thank you muchly.

Reply to
Art and Monique

Hello,

Programming instructions(from a prior post to this group) are included below.

Good luck, Nirav

96 GLE, 117k

********************************************************************************* Replacing Remote Controller or Multi-Remote Control Unit (LCU05)

Enter the identity (ID) code manually when:

  • remote controller or multi-remote control unit LCU05 is replaced.
  • an additional remote controller is activated.

ID Code Entry Procedure

To enter the ID code, follow this procedure.

"Setting mode":

(1) Close and lock all doors. (2) Insert and remove the key from the ignition more than six times within

10 seconds. (The hazard warning lamp will then flash twice.) At this time, the original ID codes are eliminated.

ID code entry:

(3) Turn ignition key to "ACC" position. (4) Push lock button on the new remote controller once (for example, if door is locked using the remote controller during this ID code entry enable state, a new ID code can be entered). At this time, the new ID code is entered. (The hazard warning lamp will then flash twice.)

Additional ID code entry

(5) If you need to activate additional remote controllers, unlock the driver's door, then lock again with door lock knob. (6) Push lock button on the additional new remote controller once. (7) This ID code entry enable state and setting mode remain until the driver's door is opened.

NOTE

  • If you need to activate more than two additional new remote controllers, repeat the procedure "Additional ID code entry" for each new remote controller.
  • If the same ID code that exists in the memory is input, the hazard warning lamps will flash twice but the entry will be ignored.
  • Entry of maximum four ID codes is allowed and any attempt to enter more will be ignored.
  • Any ID codes entered after term> Hello!
Reply to
njmodi

Art and Monique

Where did you find the extra remotes and how much did you pay? I have a 2000 Max and I believe that it uses the same ones. One is getting pretty intermittent and I would like to replace it, but I haven't had the guts to find out how much the dealer would charge.

Thanks

Art and M> Hello!

Reply to
feynmanfan88

I got one for my 2K for less than $20 shipped off of ebay.

Reply to
Naxray

Reply to
E Meyer

You are very welcome.

Cheers, Nirav

Reply to
njmodi

Like someone mentioned, try repalcing the battery. If you want more remotes, get one off of ebay. Keep in mind, the 95-98 Maxima remotes are inter-changeable, and the 99 and later remotes are pretty much also interchangeable. In other words, a 98 remote will not work on a 2000 Maxima, but it will work on a 98-97-96-or 95 Maxima with the remote keyless entry option.

CD

Reply to
Codifus

IIRC, 95-99 remotes are all interchangeable. The 5th Gens began in

2000.

Nirav

Reply to
njmodi

Nope, 99s are with the 2000s and later. 99s were the first year of the chipped key security system which was part of the upgrade of the entire security system compared to previous years.

CD

Reply to
Codifus

CD,

I don't mean to be argumentative, but I think the "chipped-key" is an enhancement to the security system, and independent of the actual keyless remote/entry. I believe the keyless remotes are the same from

95-99, but in addition to that alarm system, they added the chipped-key immobilizer system. If you are sure that the remote units are indeed different, then I stand corrected.

Cheers. Nirav

Reply to
njmodi

OK, you stand corrected:) It's understandable because they are the same body style, but the 99 Nissan remote system is different from 98 and below.

CD

Reply to
Codifus

I stand defeated