Problem with 95 Maxima

Help,

I have a 95 Nissan Maxima GV (Australian model) that lately started misbehaving. When in a rolling motion, without me touching accelerator, revs suddenly start jumping all over the place - going up as high as 1500 rpm. That goes on for couple of seconds, and that the engine stops. It than takes few attempts to start it up. It mostly happens when engine is relatively cold - after driving for couple of minutes.

Any ideas

Reply to
Genna

Could be so many things but the simplest/cheapest things to try are:

1) reset the ECU by unplugging the battery for at least 30 min, can't hurt and free potential fix 2) possibly the fuel filter, but unless it shows problems also at higher speeds a little less likely

good luck

Reply to
Downloader

Could be the fact that the car is upside-down, since you're in Australia.

Also, check the throttle settings. Does this happen also when you're in idle?

Kai