Charlotte AutoFair 2010 ....This Coming Weekend 4-8/11

Anybody from the SE heading to Charlotte this coming weekend? April

8-11 The Stude club local chapter is going to be there at a special parking area. I can pass info on to anyone who might want to visit... Jeff

Deepnhock

Getting ready for Charlotte. Fixed a few nagging little things that have been put off for a long time. Like running a vent tube from the rear end vent, and putting new rear wheel seals in. Spent some 'eventual' bucks on two new rear tires. Had a rub on the RR several years ago that put a little groove near where the tread meets the sidewall. Never thought much about it, but when the wheels were off to put new rear axle seals in... Looked closely at the tire and saw a bunch of little cracks in the rubber. Not wanting to shed the tread and take out the rear fender...They got replaced... Emptied EVERYTHING out of the truck and cleaned and re-sorted it all. Took about 30# of duplicate tools back out to the shop. Tools sort of migrate to the truck. Sorting out the cleaners and polishes, and re-packing everything this afternoon. Cab is empty, so the headliner and interior is getting a long overdue bath. Going to clean the engine compartment, but will hold off on the super- duper polish and show shine until I get to Charlotte. No sense spit polishing everything and then get 300+ miles of road grime on it all, and have to do it again. Felt good sorting things out.. Am getting anxious to hit the road... Jeff

Reply to
Deepnhock

I am jealous, Jeffy... I promised myself I would attend more meets this year and still find myself mired in projects for others... I am sure your ride will shine as it usually does... Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George

Lansing

Reply to
Lansing

I live about an hour from the Auto Fair in SC. I have 3 spaces in the blue field but this year but they are being used by others. I will be attending Friday only. Anybody coming to the fair looking for parts, let me know. If you don't find what you need, I may have it! Just drop me a line.

James

Reply to
Padhammer

Left about 3:30pm today.. What a superb day... Took the non interstate roads from Savannah to Columbia. Left the windows open, kept the speed down, and just enjoyed the drive. Hit the interstate from Columbia to Charlotte. Decided to quit at Rock Hill....Just because. Short run tomorrow.... Jeff

Reply to
Deepnhock

Jeff , Here's the picture....we are all a sitting in the back of your truck with the wind blowing through our hair and a smile on our face... wishing we were there with you...You really know how to enjoy your life...

Lansing

Reply to
Lansing

It looks like there is plenty of room (for me!)

Chip

Reply to
cjdaytonjrnospam