Lark VI Conversion

Seeing a lot of 59-61 Larks with flatheads around and on ebay. How tough would it be to drop a 259 or 29 into one of these little roosters?

Reply to
A.Jarman

"Piece of cake" IF you have an appropriate V-8 parts vehicle to get all the "fiddly-bits" from.... It's usually easier to find a suitable V-8 car though..... I'm building an original V-8 '59 4-door ... if you're interested.... or could just as easily part it out for a 2-door post or hardtop.

You need: engine, trans, mounts, driveshaft, rear axle(w/brakes & emerg cable), V-8 springs(front), V-8 brakes/Turner Disk conversion(front), Shifter items, Throttle belcrank, AND- you may as well rebuild the front suspension totally while you are "in there"...

Ray Seeing a lot of 59-61 Larks with flatheads around and on ebay. How

Reply to
Studeman

Not very if you have a V8 parts car for the little bits, linkages mounts etc. Brakes and springs will need upgrades too which might be the real hard work parts of it.

Reply to
transtar60xxx

Reply to
itraseecab

You have two choices, live with the slightly lighter "6" frame or find a V8 frame and do a frame swap, which with early Larks , you might as well start with a V8 car.

Reply to
transtar60xxx

I have a very good 1959 V-8 Hardtop frame I'll "give ya"....

I don't think it would be any issue unless you really take it out and horse it around.... or use it as a daily-driver for several years... even then, I don't think the wear and tear would be fatal to the car.

Ray

snipped-for-privacy@earthl> snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Reply to
Studeman