Valve Tapping Noise

I have a 2003 Baja with 39,000 miles. When the weather is cold, I notice a tapping noise coming from the engine. This noise continues until the engine is sufficiently warm. This noise happened even when the car was new. Is this a problem? According to the dealer, this is not a problem.

Reply to
BB via CarKB.com

Normal for the Subaru boxer engine.

Reply to
Ragnar

Next oil change put in Mobil1 10W30. Made a big difference in our Outback and WRX.

Reply to
Jim Stewart