Vibration after CV Boots replaced

Hi all:

We have a '97 Legacy outback, automatic, 95,00 miles. It just spent two days at the dealership having repairs done which included front & rear brakes, and "both front CV boots due to leakage."

Now the problem - while driving the car and come to a stop at a light there is a vibration coming from under the car. It can be felt in the seat of your pants, via the steering wheel, and when I place my arm on the drivers door window opening. The vibration is more severe when the A/C is running.

Any thoughts on what is going on? Thanks.

~~Phil~~

Reply to
PHIL

Maybe the catalyst heat shield is rattling? On my 2001 Forester, it's adjacent to the right front CV boot. After I had a right front CV joint replaced due to a CV boot failure, my heat shield is rattling. The open CV boot had sprayed grease onto the heat shield, BTW, giving a burning smell.

Wayne

Reply to
Wayne Farmer

Just a wag but the shop may have removed an exhaust hanger bracket and then forgot to reinstall it. I'm thinking the exhaust system is now flopping around. Not that many possibilities here.

Reply to
johninKY