Nice Echo

Had an Echo come in for a recon, going to be put on the lot. Only trouble is, it's black. Required a complete buffing. BUT, had a 5 speed. Peppy little car, and it's a 2-door to boot. Could be another addition to Hachi's stable! (I think the Chrysler would go, but I sure hate to give up those living-room couch Leather seats!!!)

And after the buffing, it sure looked GOOD! Bet I could get 45+MPG with that car!

Also saw a Paseo come in, but I think it's a customer's. Snap a 4AG or a Camry engine into it...maybe a Celica GT engine from '97 or '98...

Reply to
hachiroku

What year was it, Corolla boy? Mine's black as well, but I'm getting it painted whenever I decide to go back to work.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Echos are kinda ugly. I prefer my 1998 EP91 Starlet body shape and general look.

Dunno about MPG, but nice, careful driving gets me 6L/100km, and hooning around blows it out to a mind-boggling 7L/100km..... Rather efficient little automobiles.

Only problem is, try filling the seatbelts up, and the car has the acceleration of a pushbike, and a top speed of around 120km/h (75 in yankee's)

Top speed is pretty good given the engine size. Max i've gotten this thing to go is just on 152KPH (95mph), redlined in fourth and just into fifth.

Don't expect anything under 12 second 0-100 (62 :P) time. And for f*ck's sake, don't try to overtake. It's kind of suicidal, it takes over half a kilometre to accelerate from 60-120kph, shifted at redline.

Oh, and speaking of Celica's, I've got my eye on a GT4 at the moment that looks fantastic on paper... Everything rebuilt & upgraded enough to smoke every wheel up, and only a few grand more than a low-km stock gt4.

if only i had money ;(

-mark

Reply to
jb

2003 Echo girl.
Reply to
hachiroku

Feh - those look like many other cars. I like the unique styling of my car

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

What's the difference? They ALL look ugly to me!

Reply to
hachiroku

First of all...

*fwap*

Secondly, the newer Echoes look a lot like the Focus and have much softer lines. They're boring, IMO

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

I got a fwa-ap! I got a fwa-ap!

Yeah, but they haven't been buffed to an extremely high gloss by ME!

Reply to
hachiroku

Didn't know you swung that way

*backing away slowly*

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

No, really!

THis is the 4th car that has come in that I have really liked. So, I do a REAL good job on them to see what they will look like. The driving impression of it was that it was a nice car, 44K miles, and a 5-speed. It was a toilet! The carpets were filthy, the finishe was oxidized and scratched, so I steam cleaned the carpets and buffed the exterior.

The only problem with this? When I finish it looks really great, and before I can get a price from the GM, the damn things are SOLD!

Reply to
hachiroku

Despite my interest in this NG, I view cars as a way to get from point A to point B - glamour is not necessary LOL

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

How do you think I got into detailing? I have a tendancy to buy cars I LIKE, and I like to keep them as long as possible. That's one reason I like Toyotas; you pretty much only have to change the oil, the air filter, the brakes and shocks and the tires on a periodic basis. The number of actual REPAIRS I have done are few and far between, albeit costly when the DO occur...

And I also like Japanese design. So, combine the factg I like the way the car LOOKS, with the fact that I buy what I WANT, and there is some incentive to keep it looking nice. Throw in a kid or two, and it looks like I'll be keeping this one for a while (since the kids came along when I already had the GTS, no problem...)

That car looked showroom new up until I parked it in 2001.

BTW, I also got $2000 MORE trading a 2 year old VW for a new Toyota just because it LOOKED so good!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Thanks for clearing that up; I can die happy now

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Not a problem, Nat! Anything else I can help you with, don't hesitate to call!

Reply to
hachiroku

Um....yeah

Natalie