Prius is a GOOD start (button)

I just bought a Prius (no, I'm not an enviromentalist - I'm more base than that... 'stingy'). Anyway, I love the fact that I've doubled my mpg (of course, I drive like someone twice my age SHOULD drive) - only because I was in a wreck recently. But, back to point...

If Toyota can do this with a small sedan - any wagers on who can do it next with a full size truck? And, no, the Ford Escape hybrid doesn't count in my book.

Welcome all thoughts! DJ

Wanna blog? Go to

and sign up - it's free.

395833

Reply to
Stricklands

What about cutting the back off an RX400H ? I recently persuaded a friend of mine to buy a Prius (UK) It is startlingly good in the fuel economy and performance departments, but we pay a massive premium for the vehicle (nearly double the US price) so it is not really any sort of saving overall, unless you drive it a lot in London (where they charge a premium to ordinary cars to enter, but none for a prius)

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

I was told that Toyota is working on a truck hybrid as well as the Camry version. Maybe a 2007 model.

B~

Reply to
B. Peg

GM offers the Sierra with a hybrid option although it is being marketed to contractors as a source of 110 volt power more than as a fuel-saver.

Toyota is going to offer 10 additional hybrids over the next several years in addition to the Prius, Highlander, RX 400h, and recently announced Camry.

Reply to
Ray O

I think the Sierra hybrid is considered a weak hybrid or something like that. Gas savings are trivial.

Reply to
Art