Toyota envy

-- "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."

John Wayne

Reply to
Jim Higgins

Of course we knew this, but it's great to see it in print. Thanks!

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Yep. Since 1974, we've been driving them at our house. But then we knew Toyota was doing something right, when I started getting cussed out at work years ago for driving one of them 'Furrin' cars. (And then they had the unmitigated gall to tell me VW was an AMERICAN car?)

Charles of Schaumburg

Reply to
n5hsr

Agreed. It's nice to see that some journalist are past the bigotry and emnity towards a manufacturer who is only trying to do things the proper way. I supposed it's to be expected that there will always be those that try to beat you when you're the best. No better way to paint a bull's eye on your back.

Reply to
Viperkiller

At the risk of sounding PEDANTIC, lemme say it's eNmity, as compared to eMNity. :-P

Sorry Viperk. :-P

Reply to
Built_Well

Yup - it's too bad people can't just admire rather than despise you when you're at the top.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Thank yoo for the edyfication. Though noone's immune from miss spelling, itt sirtainly was a carles miss take.

Reply to
Viperkiller

LOL - it's a sickness. We English language nerds are very compulsive. I have to really hold back with some of the stuff I see on message boards - I don't mean typos, I mean really sad grammar and typing.

:-)

Natalie, who corrects her children's English teachers' mistakes...

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

:-) I only mentioned it, because I saw somebody on here correct someone else two weeks ago for spelling pedantic "peNdantic"--a tendency to want to wear pendants, I suppose. :)

The humorous thread was "where are cars manufactured."

Reply to
Built_Well

:-) Sorry Viper K.

Reply to
Built_Well

Itd be funny to see how many ford trucks could stand the beating Top Gear gave the hilux pickup and still drive away.

Coyoteboy

Yeh...me to.

:)

Reply to
Gord Beaman

That was a GREAT show!

Reply to
B A R R Y

You can always trust Jeremy Clarkson to do something insane. Its available on google video if anyone wants to see it.

Reply to
Coyoteboy

Care to provide a link?

Reply to
dizzy

Well, I don't want them to pick up those bad habits!

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Hey Nat!...howcum you didn't fwap me for 'my' error?... :).

Reply to
Gord Beaman

LOL I told you I have to restrain myself...

:)

Natalie, who did notice that...

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Is that "me too" or "I also?" :-)

On second thought, I don't want to correct Gord! He gives very good advice. What am I thinkin'!

Reply to
Built_Well

No need for an apology. I was just joking around with you there. My office manager was an English major. She always corrects my typos too. She's a great manager though so I'll guess I'll keep her around. Besides, that skill comes in handy too. I have her proof read all of our documents. Say...are you looking for a job?

Reply to
Viperkiller