78 champagne edition bus restoration

The whole lower back end had to be replaced along with an engine rebuild

Kafertoys

In primer now

Kafertoys

Kafertoys wrote: primer all over the rubber and glass.

not on the glass... just the rubber that was being replaced...

in the same post you say:

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

will that help or hurt when I aply the POR exhust paint?

or lets see what happens 20 sec after the engines started.

All steel pipes on it are painted with por paint the main body is galvanized, I didn't see the point of worring about over spray there.

Reply to
Kafertoys

it will hurt if not stripped

wouldn't be hot enough to even smoke in that time

you mean like i didn't see the point in worrying about rubber that is trash? seems sometimes everyone needs to make their words sweet, so when they have to eat them later it's not so bad...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

unfortunately I've found the POR exhaust paint to be crap; the exhaust manifolds on my '55 Stude look like hell after only 2 years. In fact, I haven't found a *good* manifold paint yet. I guess I should buy a NOS pair and have them ceramic coated, or just accept the rust and move on with my life.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

I've had ok luck with the Por, on my 64 beetle,I reaply it once a year . Seems to hold up fair that long.

The All Metal I use on body repair can be powder coated over and will hold up to bake temps, I wonder it its the same base as the jet coating and would coat an exhust?

Jet Coat is right here in Burlington and I might try them soon.

Reply to
Kafertoys

I had Jet-Hot do a TT downpipe for my old Scirocco; I never wiped it down so it looked like hell after a couple years of daily driving, but it *did* seem to last OK except where it'd obviously been hit by road debris.

Damn, I'm just thinking about how much cool shit I scrounged for that car and how cheap I let it go just because I had too many cars. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Thaught some might like to see how things turned out on this bus

will post more pictures later its comming along great

Reply to
Kafertoys

Very nice job. Excellent finish. We can even see the photographer in the reflection.

- Bill

Reply to
Bill Leary

What nap roller did you use?

Reply to
kshultis

the same one I used on the 2 beetles that won at the last show.

Nice to see your hiding behind a different name still don't have balls huh?

Reply to
Kafertoys

Im not hiding behind anything. Im a new member With the paint of today ANYBODY can spray smoother than that. Pics of the show cars please .No need to question my skills.

quick sprayout with NO buffingtopshelf materials and PROFESSIONAL spraygun handling.

Reply to
kshultis

The problem with doing a restoration is sometimes you have to "match texture" Frenchy D. told my that at his house. the buses had an orange peal much like most new cars today and this bus is being restored to as original as possible.

And as far as show winning cars you have been here long enough to now that a car I do wins at ever show , you couldn't throw a stone in this area shows and not hit a VW I've worked on

Trust me I'm keeping up with the best of them and haveing fun

Reply to
Kafertoys

Awesome Trooper! Andy

99 Amigo

Im not hiding behind anything. Im a new member With the paint of today ANYBODY can spray smoother than that. Pics of the show cars please .No need to question my skills.

quick sprayout with NO buffingtopshelf materials and PROFESSIONAL spraygun handling.

Reply to
Andy

The problem with doing a restoration is sometimes you have to "match texture" Frenchy D. told my that at his house. the buses had an orange peal much like most new cars today and this bus is being restored to as original as possible.

And as far as show winning cars you have been here long enough to now that a car I do wins at ever show , you couldn't throw a stone in this area shows and not hit a VW I've worked on

Trust me I'm keeping up with the best of them and haveing fun

_____

LOL....as per usual, someone asked you to actually show what you claim and you sidestep it.... orange peel is fashionable, isn't that what you told Joan? LOL

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

All I can think is the 3 Stooges

Kshul all someone has to do is look at your profile to see you've been around with no balls since 07 liar liar your pants on fire ( you can quote me on that)

Hey Joey Yes me and Joan talked she even came over the rail road tracks once and at any time could have taken her car from the shop. I laugh that your still tring to talk $hit when you still wont talk to me or see for yourself my side but I looked in the dictinary for ignorant and there was your pictures.

different cars at the shows all the time and no one says build me a show car.

Step up to the plate and take over the needs here for the VW community Ask Gary about the aircooled shop I took all their business.

At least grow a set and come talk to me or a knowledgeable customer.

walk away from your tv not every thing has to be a soap opra or wwf or admit you have wet dreams about me,

Reply to
Kafertoys

you are one delusional fool... the pictures you saw next to ignorant would have been what you posted to brag on the quality of your work... there are plenty of pictures available to show the work you do, no need to keep beating that dead horse... I have to ask, *again* how talking to you (like the hours you've spent on IM's trying to convince me you are the victim in all your dealings) would make a picture (which has no ability nor reason, to lie) look differently... are you a master hypnotist and can make me see what you see in a short conversation? I'm doubting it, my eyes are pristine, and my knowledge of bodywork from actually growing around real bodymen and doing it myself, won't let me see something that isn't there.... you may call that a wet dream, I call it just plain bad for you and what you are trying to promote... you will never succeed at convincing yourself, much less anyone else, that you do the quality of work you *claim* (but pictures show otherwise), no more than you'd be able to convince someone you are a Chip n Dales dancer or GEX engines are a sure bet for a great performing engine... but it sure is entertaining to watch...

for the record again, I still wonder why you are so captivated by everyone's "balls"?

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

wrote ... Im not hiding behind anything. Im a new member With the paint of today ANYBODY can spray smoother than that. Pics of the show cars please .No need to question my skills.

quick sprayout with NO buffingtopshelf materials and PROFESSIONAL spraygun handling.

That looks fantastic. Great job!

Reply to
Scott H

Funny but I thought the Champagne Edition Bus was almost chocolate brown on the bottom unless it was a camper. At least my parent's Bus was. That beast was awesome in mud (and a bitch to clean up before your parents saw it)! Andy

Reply to
Andy