Liability for labour on faulty clutch

had a clutch fitted to Mk1 Golf but it is as stiff as hell and is faulty according to main VW dealers. I bought clutch from German Swedish. Should they pay for labour for refitting of it? Are they liable for it legally? If not i have to pay twice! Any views appreicated

Reply to
totoisacat

your post belongs in rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled this group is for older aircooled VWs

Reply to
anton

Prolly really belongs in a legal group. If you bought a clutch disk & paid someone to fit it & it turned out faulty...... But can anyone help out the guy with their observations?

Reply to
Balders

My observation has been... pay someone else to do something and you'll end up redoing all or at least half of it yourself anyway... might as well get off your lazy butt and do it yourself the first time. :)

If you screw it up you'll learn something about a mechanics (or whatever) instead of learning legal tort-crap. :/

How's that? :)

Alvin in AZ

Reply to
alvinj

Many warranties cover only the part, and specifically exclude incidental costs. The laws vary by locale.

Now, if you bought it from the same place that installed it, you would have a valid complaint.

Reply to
Steve Foley