need rings

hi im trying to figure out I have a baja and it has a pancake engine and i need piston rings but no one can seem to tell me what size.The piston says that it is a 90.48mm but no one knows what size rings go on it.If anone knows what I need please help me

Reply to
cheryl

you will have trouble with terminology....you say pancake engine, however, alot of folks use that term as a generic description of a "boxer" engine(horizontally opposed engine)....in a baja it is very likely that it is a type 1 *upright* engine...the "upright" describes the cooling system....the fanshroud is "upright" to the engine, whereas a type 3 or type

4 engine(commonly known as) are refered to as "pancake" due to their "flat" cooling system....your pistons sound like the typical run of the mill Mahle/Cima "90.5's"....rings are available from many online vw specific vendors...

you need to measure your piston ring lands(the groove the rings reside in) to get correct rings due to there being two different sized top rings for your application....check here:

Joey Tribiani