removing woodruff key from crankshaft

I got the camshaft gear off. So how do I take the key off w/o damage?

Reply to
Mel P.

tap one end of it...it will pop up on the other end....

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Push the flywheel end of the woodruff key towards the axis of the crankshaft, so that the pulley end gets lifted. Then you will have space to pry it off with a flathead screwdriver from the pulley end.

Bill Spiliotopoulos, '67 Bug.

Reply to
Bill Spiliotopoulos