Thanks Speedy Jim

I had to work on a 1979 Super Convertible that would not start up. TG it had no a/c on it and is a manual trans!! It has less than 3,000 miles on it and it is SUPER CLEAN. Just some small scrapes on the RR fender, a very slight ding in the engine lid and that was it with the body. Now the front seats have lost all of their padding but the upholstery looks excellent. I wish it was up for sale when I am ready with a heated garage to receive it. I would probably be too afraid to drive it anyway! lol NO IT IS NOT FOR SALE RIGHT NOW!!!!! SO DON'T ASK!!!

Well anyway............I am so rusty with diagnosing the FI I had to download some of your info about the Double Relay which helped me remember. It also helped that I managed to dig up a DR in my junk piles, which has been basically untouched for 2 decades. Of course plugging my DR in and a booster on the battery and it started right up. I was lucky this time and even found a new DR locally!

So thanks Speedy Jim!

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

Hey Dave the replacement foam padding is great when it comes to fixing late seats. And a easy job.

Reply to
Kafertoys

Bondo cannot be applied to upholstery, dipshit.

Reply to
ryan68bug

Thanks but I will refer him to a shop to do the seats for them since their labor is cheaper and their experience better. ;-) I have not done one in about 20+ years when I redid my '66. Yeah I remember how to do it but the shop should probably put some carpeting on the springs before the foam. Too lazy nowadays! lol

Hey Dave the replacement foam padding is great when it comes to fixing late seats. And a easy job.

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

Never tell Fairy-O what Bondo can not be applied over. He'll prove you wrong every time.

Reply to
Leopold Stotch

the 79 seats do not have springs or horse hair padding like your 66 its just a foam padding.

Reply to
Kafertoys

VWs also didn't originally come slathered with bondo, moron.

Reply to
ryan68bug

I seem to remember that there was a change in seat padding in the 70's AND the seats. I am just so amazed to see that these seats feel like the padding is ENTIRELY gone from the seat back. I see nothing on the floor and this car is super clean. I tried to squeeze to see if there was something inside of the seat and I heard crunching like the horsehair. I am wondering if the original owner sold the original seats for $$$ and install earlier seats like from a 1974. The 1979 had a different separate headrest too IIRC. These seats did not seem like the right ones to me especially since this car is super clean everywhere else!! Something is wrong with this picture!!!! lol

thanks

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1