2006 Rabbit trim/molding color-keyed??

The bumper mouldings are black on 2 door, body color on the 4 doors. More details here:

2006 colors are limited for the moment to Black Unit, Reflex Silver, United Gray (SOP 30 / 2006), Sage Green and Shadow Blue. Candy White and Tornado Red will come later this summer and on the 2007s as noted below. 2007 Colors:

Rabbit 2 door:

Black Unit Reflex Silver United Gray (SOP 30 / 2006) Sage Green Shadow Blue Candy White Tornado Red

Rabbit 4 door:

Black Unit Reflex Silver United Gray (SOP 30 / 2006) Sage Green Shadow Blue Candy White Tornado Red

Reply to
jpmccormac

Anyone know what the paint scheme will be on the new Rabbits? I was just looking at VW's site and the two-door white rabbit has the trim/molding on the doors and bumpers in black, but the four door white Rabbit has it body colored. Is VW planning on distinguishing the four and two door models this way?

Reply to
Wojciech Galecki

Yep.

the 4-door also is not only two doors more but it's also specced higher as well (more standard equipment, etc.), hence the $2K difference in price from a 2-door.

Reply to
Matt B.

Now if only it came with the 2.0T...

-- Mike Smith

Reply to
Mike Smith

It practically does. The 4-door GTI should be arriving at North American dealers any day now. Only downside (depending on what you're looking for) is that the GTI is further differentiated from the Rabbit via a sportier interior, exterior trim (the big black grille being the main thing), suspension, etc.

Although I have to say that IMHO, the 4-door Rabbit I think is better looking than the 4-door GTI.

Reply to
Matt B.

That's all fine with me, but what I'd *really* like is 4Motion. So I guess I'm waiting for the R32/R36/whatever they decide on, even though a

2.0T w/4Motion would probably be quick enough for me.

-- Mike S

Reply to
Mike Smith

Then you want an Audi A3 Quattro :)

Reply to
Matt B.

I would, if it weren't for the apparent $5-$7K "Audi tax". Compare the price of an A3 2.0T vs. a comparably equipped GTI... (Also, at least in the US, if you want Quattro on an A3, you have no choice but to take the VR6 along with it.)

-- Mike Smith

Reply to
Mike Smith

Oh crap that's right. No 2.0T quattro in the US. I forgot about that.

Reply to
Matt B.