99 Beetle question on clock settings and sunroof question

Hi.....I am new to this group as I just purchased a 1999 VW Beetle GLS today, however, the owners manual is missing and it'll be a couple weeks before I receive a replacement. This Beetle has the outside temp and clock readings at the rear view mirror. I figured out how to change the temp from Celsius to Fahrenheit, but am still unable to change the clock from a 24 hr readout to a 12 hr readout. Any help would be appreciated (and I do read my owners manual to find such things, if one were available). FWIW, I found this 99 at a dealership in SoCal that was mistakenly advertised in price in the LA Times....equipped with everything incl Sunroof, AT, CD Changer, etc,except leather and cold climate package (not needed in Calif anyway) with 67,000 mi for $8860 + ta/lic/fees. The 195 mile trip home, it ran wonderfully....tight with no rattles or squeaks. One thing more I found I'll ask, is it common witht he sunroof open at low speeds of about 20-35mph for odd sound and noises to occur (like atmospheric in nature) inherant with the shape of the car and lcoation of the sunroof to occur. I did, and its nothing like any other vehicle with a sunroof I have dealt with....and I also notices changes in cabin pressure opening and closing the sunroof at freeway speeds. Thanks in advance for you answers and comments. Larry

Reply to
Larry

Ben Boyle