Best Rated threads in Chevrolet 4x4 Trucksshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

96 S10 Blazer fuel pressure............
What are the fuel pressure specs for a 96 S10 Blazer 4.3 CPI injection ???? My trucks acting up like it's running out of gas but it's got 50 psi at an idle, filters new..... I don't have a manual for...
2
2

Which belt? How do I know what size alternator I have?
In order to get the right serpentine belt for my 2000 Silverado 5.3 Z71 I need to know which alternator I have (100 amp, 105 amp, or 130 amp), how can I find this info? The alternator doesn't have any...
3
3

NP208 transfer case leak
I've got a 1986 GMC 4x4 half-ton pickup with a New Process 208 transfer case. I have noticed a leak coming from the 208's output seal. I removed my rear drive shaft and slipped it out of the 208. I am...
3
3

2002 Silverado transmission problems
This morning my service engine light came on. Went to the Chevy dealer and found out two troubling things: 1. I'm out of warranty despite only 27,000 miles. 2. The 4 error codes indicate transmission...
2
2

fuel pump gurgling
Ok, dropped the tank on my truck tonight to replace a rubber hose that keeps getting pinched shut every so often. So before I drop it, I take 7 gallons out(I had run it as low as I dared with a gm gas...
1
1

ethanol/duramax
I was informed that the duramax will run on diesel and ethanol. How does this work? Do you just add ethanol on top of the diesel...drain the tank or what? Also, how long will the engine last if you...
30
30

97 Chevy Blazer 3rd Brake Light not working
I have a 97 Chevy Blazer that has a problem with the 3rd Brake Light. The light is not working but the other two brake lights are. I checked to see if I could detect any voltage to the light when I...
1
1

TBi wiring harness/ ECU's 4.3 to 5.7 swap
I have a '95 S10 2wd 4.3/5spd that I plan to put a 350 into. I recently bought a complete VIN K 350 engine/tbi/harness from a '94 K1500 w/ 4L60E. I was under the impression that I could just swap out...
3
3

Passlock Problem?? No Fuel, No Spark
Here is the deal, I recently replaced my blown up 2.2 with a 4.3L engine, as I was instructed by many who had done the process before, I was sure to be able to obtain the BCM and the PCM from the same...
3
3

2001 rear end noise
I have a 2001 chevy Z71 1500, I hear a clunking noise when I accelerate from a stop, also when I pull my race trailer it feels rather odd in that there is a slipping feeling for a brief moment almost...
1
1

4.3L TBI Black Smoke
I have a 94 Sonoma 4.3L TBI 5 speed 4X4, that is spewing black smoke out of the exhaust. Sometimes it will stall and I can only get it restarted by pressing the gas pedal to the floor. There are no...
2
2

roaring sound while accel, but not coasting
My 1985 Chevy S10 4x4 2.8 is making a roaring sound when I'm accelerating but goes quiet when I ease up on the pedal and coast - it is very noticeable - I just had my front wheel bearing replaced...
6
6

Help mw ID this cam
Just picked up a engine. Has a new cam and lifters. It is a roller cam. Part numbers are 097 01R and 586FM61. Looks fairly agressive with a good lift. Like I said, it's new obvious 0 miles on cam and...
2
2

Drops under engine
'98 Z71, 5.7 w/78k.. I've notice the past few weeks a few drops of what I think might be anti-freeze under the engine in the mornings... the drops are clear, not the telltale antifreeze color... I've...
4
4

96 chevy truck headliner question
x-no-archive:yes How Does the headliner come out of a 96 chevy full size extended cab truck? Can I replace the material myself like I did in my 89 f-150? On this truck I cant tell what is holding the...
1
1

wheel bearings
WHILE DRIVING ABOUT 70MPH I THOUGHT I GOT A FLAT TIRE. AFTER PULLING OVER AND REALISEING IT WASNT, I CONTINUED ON MY REACHING ABOUT 50MPH IT FELT LIKE I WAS GETTING A FLAT AGAIN. WHEN I PULLED OFF THE...
36
36

1984 Chev one ton military pickup truck w 6.2 diesel engine
We have this truck which had a badly leaking fuel tank. We replaced the tank and have been able to get fuel up to the filter but we are not certain if it is getting any further. We opened one of the...
11
11

89 S-10 Blazer: 4.3LV6: oil pressure question
have made the following observations lately on the vehicle in question. These pressures and observations are made before and after an oil change, and are the same: cold idle pressure: approx 70PSI...
7
7

98 Chevy Cab Leak
My 1998 Chevy Silverado has a water leak on the passenger side floor board of the cab coming from the firewall and fan motor areas when it rains really hard and when the truck is in a certain slope...
2
2

Converting a 10-bolt to 8 lug hubs...
Ok, the 14 bolt is finally ready to go!!! Now, I still have that 10 bolt in the front, and I want to convert it to an 8 lug hub so I won't have to carry 2 spares... Is there a kit available to do...
10
10