I can no longer open the passenger doors with the key fob?

Hi,

I have a 2003 UK Spec Passat and at the weekend, I left the ignition on and had a flat battery.

I jumped started it fine and thought nothing more of it, but I can now no longer open the passenger doors with the key fob.

Normally, one press opens the drivers door and 2 presses opens ALL the doors, but I can now only open the drivers door.

I am assuming that this is some kind of 'anti-hijack' feature which I have enabled, but does anyone know how I can put it back the way it was?

Jon

Reply to
Jon Weaver

My 99.5 US spec jetta has all sorts of settings for how the doors lock and unlock using a VAG-COM or dealer's computer. (but not what yours is doing) See if you can have some one read/check the door lock module.

JoBo

Reply to
Jo Bo

Just to give you an update incase anyone else encounters this.

My garage, said "hmm.. Sounds like the "comfort unit" has lost its config.. it will need to come in and be reconfigured".. Chargable of course.

I was sceptical as its not uncommon for micro-processor based systems to get confused when there are power problems. So I thanked them for their advice and told them that I wanted to try a 'power reset' of my own first.

I disconnected the battery terminal, counted to 10 and reconnected it again.. And it did the trick.. All is working as normal again!!

I hope this helps someone in the future

All the best

Jon

Reply to