key button

Just bought a 1995 325ic, and the ignition key has a button on it. Neither I nor the guy who sold it to me knows what it does. Do you? TIA.

Reply to
xxffxx

Just a single button - probably has a small battery and LED light inside. I have one key for my 1996 328iC that is that way.

Jim

Reply to
Ballroom Dancer

Yup. That's what it is. My '94 525i has a similar key with a working light. Surprisingly bright for such a small LED. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

All I wanted was some fricken sharks with fricken laser beams on their heads!

I don't know why I said that.

Reply to
dizzy

Because the spy shagged you?

Reply to
Dean Dark

It locks the doors when it works.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Pardon me!

I said it locks the doors, but it is really a small flashlight. If you look at the business end of the key, you see a small bulb in the end of the part you hold onto. There is a battery inside that lets you light the door lock as you insert the key. The idea is that you won't stab the side of the car hunting for the key hole.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

A clear object lesson that one should always read the follow-ups before stuffing one's foot in one's mouth...

Reply to
daytripper