Power windows circuit breaker

I just bought power windows motors with lifting mechanism for my '87 e30 from a wrecked car. Looking at Bentley manual I noticed "Power window circuit breaker - 25 amp". What is that?

Can I put a 25 amp fuse in it's place?

Reply to
Yvan

Sure, but why would you want to? It is that large switch-like button either by the window switches or on the dash with a lightning bolt on it. I have never heard of one failing.

Reply to
Bob Smitter

Nedavno Bob Smitter pise:

| >I just bought power windows motors with lifting mechanism for my '87 | > e30 from a wrecked car. Looking at Bentley manual I noticed "Power | > window circuit breaker - 25 amp". What is that? | >

| > Can I put a 25 amp fuse in it's place? | | Sure, but why would you want to? It is that large switch-like | button either by the window switches or on the dash with a | lightning bolt on it. I have never heard of one failing.

Because I do not have one?

I think I will not put circuit breaker. I googled for a while, and it seems that it's only function is to prevent fuse to blow when more than two windows is rolled at the same time. I have only two doors/windows, and I will not roll both at the same time (and even if I do, by mistake, the worst that can happen is blown fuse).

Reply to
Yvan

OK, I finished now, and it works well, but I wonder what will I do if something goes wrong, and I can not close window in a middle of nowhere?

I know that sunroof can be closed manually, but how do you close door window?

Reply to
Yvan