2000 S-10 questions

oops I meant to say it does NOT have a special chipped ignition key

Reply to
Dan Calhoun

like i said your right to and extent ..I called GM Tech line yesterday ..And it does happen not enough for people to think about but it does..They too could not explaine it but the guy said it has only happened in like 1 out of every 100,000..So they havent put too much thought into it..So in an instance your right...I have never came acrossed it agian...Voltage was the same with both keys that i seen but when i tried both of them the aftermarket key was in when the code shot...Why? who cares just changed the key and the light went off.... So in a nutshell aftermarket keys are ok but can most unlikely wount but can cause a code to shoot... Steve C

2000 S-10 questions Group: alt.trucks.chevy Date: Sun, Jan 11, 2004, 6:35pm (CST+6) From: snipped-for-privacy@hotmailremove.com (Bobo) I am sorry to disagree with you on this passlock issue.. This s10 has passlock II to be precise.. I can send you a schematic if you like... there is no relation to the key and passlock codes... if the cylinder turns, then the magnet will turn on the hall effect switch and drop the voltage to the correct specifications and send the signal to the bcm allowing fuel delivery to continue...I can cut a piece of plastic that will let the cylinder turn and start the truck up... some models of gm have PK3 on the key, that's a totally different system in which there is a transponder built into the key..Those keys cost about 30$ each.What codes do you see shoot??? how does a "cheesy" cut key "shoot codes" ???? if you think you fixed a passlock code by cutting a new key, then they must have not bothered coming back to ya....
Reply to
Steve Cook

Mike Levy wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

If you are still looking for another RKE try here:

I got one for my truck. Works great. Half the price of the dealer.

Reply to
David Wilkinson