Best Rated threads in Chevrolet Trucksshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

4x4 is stuck in 4HI
My 2000 Chevy 1500 Silverado Z71(106000 miles) got stuck in 4x4HI. I tried a new switch in the dash with no success. I have been reading on this site and some others that most likely the encoder motor...
1
1

brake light flashing code
I have a '92 Chevy 2500 4X4. The brake light on the dash is flashing some sort of code. It will flash 4 times and on the 5th hold. Does anyone know what it's for? I'd hate to be driving and my brakes...
1
1

72 chevy 3 speed shifting problem
I have a 72 chevy pickup with a 3 in the tree shift mechanism. When I'm shifting from 1st to 2nd I get all sorts of grief in that the linkage will not permit me to shift to 2nd gear. I've recently...
4
4

06 Silverado Cabin Filter
Did they eliminate the cabin air filters since '01? Bought an '06 Crew with 5.3 and traded in my '01 Z71 with the same 5.3, but I can't find any info on cabin filters for my new truck. I didn't find...
1
1

1982 chevy scottsdale- won't start
ok, i have a 1982 chevy scottsdale 6.2 liter diesel truck that wont start, it has been sitting for a long while and i think it has something to do with the starter, NEED HELP ASAP!!!
1
1

305 SPARK KNOCK DRIVING ME CRAZY !
"I have a 1988 CHEVY G van it had a 350 in it the oil pump shaft broke ...For better gas milage I installed a rebuilt 305... Wow was that a lot of work ...It was identical to the 350 and bolted right...
3
3

Transmission Fluid Leak
Hi, My 94 Chev Astro has developed a transmission fluid leak. I put it up on the ramps an crawled under it to see where it was leaking, and it seems to be comming from on of two small (1/4" ?) lines...
3
3

P0178 Fuel Composition Sensor low input.......
Howdy.... This is "driving" me nuts...The Dealership (bad guys) seem to be the only ones who sell this part. They want $647 for the part and $160 for the labor....I just do NOT have that kind of money...
4
4

4L60E No 2-3 shift Rebuilt
1994 4.3 Chev S Blazer 4L60E Non-PVM. Original prob- 3-4 clutches burnt. Rebuilt- master kit(w/.109 3-4 steels/6 disc), Transgo shift kit, Corvette servo w/Transgo kit, new DBF convertor, removed case...

4l60e 2 piece bellhousing
can someone help. i have a 96 c1500 with the 4l60e, but mine is a 2 piece bellhousing. anyways, i need a picture showing me how the shift linkage coming from the column bolts to the tranny. i took it...
1
1

HELP! Electrical issue driving me nuts.
Well I'm running out of ideas. Found a blown fuse was causing my MAF DTC code to come up. Replaced the fuse. Pulled out of the driveway. "POP". This has been continual with every experiment I've...
20
20

finally...a new truck!
after 232,000 miles, i am finally in the market for a new truck. the wait was so long because i have had 2 kids begin driving - and each have chevy trucks of course... ;-) my question is - how good is...
3
3

700R4 kickdown cable question...
What damage can occur by not having the cable connected? I couldn't find a replacement cable today at the parts store I was at and won't have the chance to go out again tonight. FWIW, I assume...
7
7

1988 s10 wont start?
Just bought a 88 s10 with the 2.5 4cylinder. It was running a little rough so I decide to do a tuneup. I did the plugs and wires and drove it and it was better then I decided to do the cap and rotor....
11
11

How to hook up sirius raido
Can I hook up Sirius sat radio directly into my 05 Silverado? I know they offer XM in it, so is there a plug or something somewhere? Thanks.
7
7

97 chevy s10 chevy blazer, ABS lite come on, Windows or blower shuts off
This is weird, and I have had this into a car repair shop and they cant figure it out. I wont go to a GM dealer and get robbed. I refuse! For a bout six months now, I would have my ABS lite come on...
2
2

s-10 blazer '02 periodic shudder under load
I just changed out intake gaskets on my blazer (4.3L) and now it runs great for the most part. If I am on a grade and the engine is under load though, say at 55MPH and the load it takes to maintain...
1
1

502 cam in a 454! Will it work?
Well I finally got a cam and lifters ordered for my truck. Cam # 12366543 from a crate 502. My question is will this work with the stock 454 in my truck? Truck spec.'s are as follows 1996 GMC 2500HD...
3
3

Any Diesel Mechanics out there? ’95 6.5 TD stalling problem
?95 Chevy C3500 1-ton 2wd with a 6.5 Turbo... Replaced the PMD, worked just fine... for 5000 miles... Replaced the lift-pump before i figured out it was the PMD... 2 relatively good batts, new fuel...
4
4

Second try..S10 2003 v6 Radiator drain plug
Is this radiator drain plug supposed to come out.. I can only get it to turn about 1/4 turn, no antifreze coming out. No way to grip on to it to pull it out. I was told that if you apply to much force...