Best Rated threads in Chevrolet Trucksshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

99 Suburban 5.7 Vortec timing
Hi, Sorry for the long post. My waterpump developed a leak from the weephole so I changed out the water pump. It immediately started pukeing coolant from the driver side intake manifold gasket. I...
8
8

Which strong 10 ply tires for Chevy Cargo Van ???
Looking for strong sidewall tires , 10 ply, for 1 ton Chevy Cargo Van . Dont care about price too much...just want super strong tires. Recommendations ????
6
6

'99 Chevy Suburban torque converter lockup problem
1999 Chevy Suburban 1500 w/ 5.7L 83K miles The torque converter appears to be doing odd things! There are times the truck shutters and stumbles from a stop and shutters and stumbles, almost as if...
6
6

Rebuilding Muncie 465 Transmission
OK So here's the sad tale. I just quit my job, and I was driving home from the dump the morning after I quit my job, when the transmission in my '87 Chevy R20 lost 3 and 4th gear. Nothing like driving...
5
5

EVO sensor/steering column
I had an EVO sensor replaced by the dealer many months ago and today the steering shaft came apart. I am wondering if the bolt that holds the two together needs to be through both the column and the...

Torque specs for brake calpers on '94 Chevy C1500
Could somebody with a service manual that covers '94 tell me what the torque specs are for the front brake caliper bolts on a '94 Chevy 1500 2WD? If there's someplace to look this up online please...

headlights stay on
i have a 99 blazer and when i turn off my truck my lights will stay on.i replaced the switch,2 relays and checked for a bad anyone help this is driving me crazy.
1
1

How do you change front rotors on a 2000 S10?
How do you change front rotors on a 2000 S10? Once the tire and caliper are removed what are the steps I must go through to remove the rotor and replace them with new ones? Thank you for your help.
1
1

1.9l engine swap
i have an s10 with the 1.9L isuzu engine with a 4 speed manual paired to it. i need to know if the stock tranny in my truck will bolt up to a 305/350 bolt pattern. if not, what manual transmission...
10
10

Rear heat in Suburban kaputt
So I got myself a 1995 Suburban and now I need to know everything or at least a whole lot about this new baby, so what is a good book explaining all the technical systems?? And the first problem at...

Question for the pros concerning Anti-Lock brake and pad replacement
Hi Folks: Thanks for answering my last question. You're right in that the pads that I found at Autozone did not have those clips so nothing needed. HOWEVER, the guy who helped me behind the counter...
14
14

RCD vs Fabtech
I've been looking at lift kits for my 03 silverado so I've heard that fabtech and RCD are the best out there but I have looked into iboth and RCD looks to be a better product and they include bilstein...

Chevy 250/292 exhaust manifold
Can anyone tell me a source for a (quality) new 250 or 292 exhaust manifold (old style - not integrated)? Apparently they are an obsolete part for GM. Thanks.
6
6

77 Suburban Ignition Key stuck in On Position
I have a 77 Suburban and I went to turn the ignition to the OFF position after driving it and it won't budge. It will only go to the ON and START positions and the key can't be removed. I tried a...
3
3

Another Recall
Today I got a recall for my '03 Silverado, 4.3L V6 forignition distributor cap and rotor that may corrode. Anyone else get this?? When will it ever end!! V.B.
9
9

2000 Express a/c install
I have a 2000 Express cargo van and the a/c compressor needs to be replaced and I would like to do it myself. I have done some minor automotive repair: starters, alternators, radiators, stuff like...
1
1

Removing the TAC (thermostatic air cleaner) on a 89 305 a good idea?
I was under the hood the other day changing the air filter and noticed that the little TAC door was closed. I went for a drive and returned and it was still closed. Seams to be Stuck closed and...
4
4

Tracker Tonneau?
Was there ever a tonneau cover for a 2000 Chevy Tracker (2-door)? There was a promotional brochure in the manual with a picture, but I can't find one anywhere.

Best tires for 2000 Suburban?
Cooper, Cooper, Cooper. p.s. Michelin A/T is a great all around tire with AWESOME wear and ride. BFG A/T is better in the snow and off-road, but not as good as the Michelin A/T for wear and ride. BFG...
5
5

Transmission Cooler Installation - GMC Canyon
So my order from etrailer has shipped and should be here soon. As one who generally doesn't like rubber hoses and clamps, I am wondering whether I should put copper or steel lines in place when...
23
23