Radio lock codes

I changed the battery in my avalanche and now the radio is locked. doews anyone know how to unlock it, or have the codes and procedure to unlock it? Thanks, Jim

Reply to
jim

The newer Radio's are coded to the Vehicles VIN#. Trying to get one Reprogrammed for another is almost Impossible. So if you got a Radio from someplace and Installed it in your Car and are now expecting it to work, well you have a problem. Changing your Battery wouldn't affect these Radio's. I could be wrong. If your Legit, call your Dealer and Ask! Simple as that.

Reply to
JBDragon

You set the code when you first turn on your radio when vehicle was new. If you didn't write it down I'm not sure what to do.

Reply to
Randd01

Try

Sarge

When the radio is locked you go to a dealer any they will unlock it for you.

When it locks you can get a 6 number code from the radio, they take that code and look up the unlocking code for that radio. There isn't a master code to unlock them.

I just went through this with my truck a month ago. Ihave a friend that works in a dealership so it was free for me, I'm not sure how much it would cost?

Reply to
TAMIE COMSTOCK