2.7 overfilled with oil, what damage would be caused

My dealers service center (Greenbrier Chrysler Jeep in Chesapeake, Va) is also 5 Star and top notch in my book. Must have done something to earn the stars, though that does not mean every

5 Star center is good as I am sure a management change after the rating is possible.
Reply to
PC Medic

Says you. I say the opposite. Who's right? How d'you know?

OK, provide the stats.

-Stern (...or were you just regurgitating something you heard somewhere?)

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

*shrug* Suitchyerself.

-Stern

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Last time I had my dealer change the oil and filter, there were huge amounts of smoke from under the hood where they had spilled oil. Normally would have figured they spilled a bit of oil and let it burn off but this time there was so much smoke I had to turn back after 5 miles and go back to the dealer to make sure there wasn't some other issue I couldn't see under the hood. Stopped and called them first because it was so much smoke I asked them for a tow but they were confident they had just spilled a bunch of oil and told me to drive back. And no, I was not offered a coupon for free detailing. And this is one of the better dealers in my area. One ruined 4 door panels on a year old 300m fixing power windows. I could see messing up

1 panel but you would think the guy would learn before messing up all 4.

Reply to
Art

"Frequency"

Great movie if you like Outer Limits type stuff.

Reply to
Art

Yeah, and of course you reported these inadequacies to Chrysler and they were of no help either.

Reply to
PC Medic

Well having worked at the management level for 20+ years I have seen and cunducted one or two marketing survey's. This is pretty common knowledge for anyone in marketing or management and one of the driving forces behind making sure te customer leaves happy (not to mention that it is the right thing to do!).

Well let me see....if by any chance you have figured out how to use that PC you are sitting in front of, try a Google search. I'm sure even you could dig something up.

Reply to
PC Medic

I've had far more good experiences than bad with my local Chrysler dealership. The only dealer's where I've had more bad than good are one Chevy dealer and one Honda dealer. So now it is two against one. :-)

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

I've had far more good experiences than bad with my local Chrysler dealership. The only dealer's where I've had more bad than good are one Chevy dealer and one Honda dealer. So now it is two against one. :-)

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

I did reported the door panel damage to Chrysler and they contacted the dealer and a manager called me and got the door panels replaced with new panels installed properly.

Reply to
Art

Sorry, "It must be true! I read it on the internet!" does not cut much mustard with me.

-Stern

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Dan, Wasn't a statement close to what you just said that started this "discussion" about service depts/managers??

Denny

Reply to
Denny

| | My dealers service center (Greenbrier Chrysler Jeep in Chesapeake, Va) is | also 5 Star and top notch in my book. | Must have done something to earn the stars, though that does not mean every | 5 Star center is good as I am sure a management change after the rating is | possible. | |

Good point on the management situation. My dealer has had the same service manager over the entire time I've used them.

Reply to
James C. Reeves

| > Did Usenet exist in 1963? :-) Sort of reminds me of the movie | "Frequency" | > with Dennis Quaid. | >

| Great movie if you like Outer Limits type stuff. |

Yes, great movie...one you have to watch multiple times to catch everything....

Reply to
James C. Reeves

Well why not, you certainly seem to believe what you read in the newsgroups. Oh excuse me, not everything, only what supports your argument. The fact is there are plenty of legitimate sites on the internet that have this type information. Or maybe your local library. Or are books all written by scammers and conspirators too?

Reply to
PC Medic

Ahh see....statistics! :0)

Reply to
PC Medic

Well, it might've been, Denny, but there's a difference between a bunch of us chatting in a forum such as this and someone claiming authority by dint of having read something on the internet.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Are you quite sure?

OK, post a few of them that you consider "legitimate" and I'll take a look at 'em.

-Stern

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

One of the Chrysler dealerships near me was pretty good but a year or so ago, there was some kind of factory change on reimbursing for warranty diagnosis time and service went down hill after that.

Reply to
Art

Reply to
mic canic