Concorde Fuel pressure

Since I have yet to see any mention of which engine you have, I'll just give some general information. If it's the 3.3L, it right on top, easy to get at; located at the right-rear (looking from front) of the fuel rail. The

3.5L requires removal of the intake plenum, plus injector electrical connectors, fuel rail bolts and the injector clamp. This regulator is located on the left-rear of the fuel rail.
Reply to
FeMaster

Wasn't the previous to the "LH" the "H" car, such as my Le'Baron GTS?

Reply to
Some O

Now that based on you suspecting fuel pressure problems and several have suggested fixes that require disassembly of the engine, I ask how is your battery? Is it old? Is it charging fully. Is each cell OK?

In the heat of last summer my '95 Concord 3.3L was taking longer to start over a few week period. Then one day it wouldn't turn over on leaving our golf course, not surprising since the power locks wouldn't open.

Reply to
Some O

I think his battery is spinning the engine - the engine is not firing (supposedly due to lack of fuel).

Bill Putney

I'm not sure.

Bill Putney

No, I don't think there was an "H" platform. I forget what the LeBaron GTS coupe chassis was called, but it was really just a modified "K" platform. The bigger 4-door K-derivative platform was called the "AA" body and included the 4-door LeBaron, the Acclaim, and the Spirit.

Really, there were only two front-drive platforms between 1978 and 1993- the K-based ones (a boatload of variations with different designations), and the Omni/Horizon. Then the LH platform came along, then the JA plaform (Cirrus/Stratus/Breeze/Sebring), then the Neon, PT, etc. and finally the whole front-drive nightmare ended with the LX platform (300/Magnum/Charger).

Prior to the front-drive mess, there was the "A" platform (Lancer, Valiant, Dart, and 64-69 Barracuda), the "B" platform (Coronet, Charger, Satellite, Belvedere, Roadrunner, Superbee, 75-78 Cordoba, small Fury, and other variations), the "C" platform (Fury, Monaco, Polara, Newport, Chrysler 300, New Yorker), "D" platform (Imperial), "E"= Challenger and

70-74 Barracuda, "F"=Aspen/Volare, "R" = St Regis, late 70s Newport, "J" = early 80s 2-door Cordoba based on the "F" body, and "M" body (Diplomat, Gran Fury, 4-door rear-drive LeBaron).
Reply to
Steve

Just another "EEK" car....K-platform stretch.

Reply to
DeserTBoB

The Le'Baron GTS was a 5 dr hatch back. I had one. I'm sure it was the H body. It is, see here:

it was derived from the K car, I can assure you the handling was much better. The K car was given a traditional NA understeer design so NA drivers would take the change to FWD easier. I hated it after a few rentals, but I liked the Le'Baron handling. It was much more direct and crisp, a European feel which I was used to after several European cars. The body construction was also much more rigid than the K car. I drove my '86 GTS for 10 yrs, moving to the '95 Concord.

Reply to
Some O

I'd completely forgotten that the Lancer/Lebaron hatchbacks from that era (of course I really try to forget the whole era of the 80s when it comes to cars). I was thinking of the curvy Lebaron GTC. We nearly bought in late 1992 instead waiting and buying my wife's 93 LH in March of 93, and I'm glad we didn't!

Thats true of the very last Relaint/Aires too- the K platform got a lot of upgrades during its run. But those *ALL* were really just Ks, with tons of shared parts. A quick look at a Hollander's interchange manual tells the tale.

Reply to
Steve