Dodge Caravan 93 3.0l Engine whistles at idle

Well, take it easy with the lube (I hope you mean belt dressing)..just a little bit on the drive side of the belt is plenty..(see maxpower's caution about belt jumping). Frankly, now that Denny has surfaced the water pump seal possibility, that sounds more likely.....

Reply to
Jack Idler

can drive someone nuts. If you had a long piece of heater hose you could slip it down the front by the timing cover just over the water pump and pick it up that way with your ear, anyway, good luck

Reply to
maxpower

Thanks a lot guys!. Seems like the water pump work is quite involving. I am going to defer it till summer.

Once again, all of you guys who tried to help, you guys ROCK!!!!

Reply to
Paul Singh

Looks like it.

Thanks a lot for trying.