How to activate the cruise sontrol on a french Voyager ?

Hi,

First, excuse my poor english, I'm French.

I own a Chrysler Voyager 2,5 l CRD since april 2001. (I think this minivan is named "Caravan" in the US)

This one does not have the cruise control factory installed, but the wirings are present in the steering wheel and I guess the electronic devices in the car can support this function.

I already installed the switchs on the steering weel, and everything seems OK but the cruise control does not work. (The "cruise" indicator does not light on under the odometer) There is probably a way to activate the cruise control after installing the switchs, but nobody here can answer this question at this time.

Any informations will be greatly appreciated. Thanks !

PS : I tried to mount my Steering well on another Voyager, this one has the cruise control factory installed. Everything works. That's makes me say there is something to do on my car to have the cruise control working.

Reply to
Eul'Fred

Which doesn`t make You less of a human being. Besides - Your english is excellent ... :-)

Have You asked at a Chrysler dealership if the "blackbox" on Your Voyager is cruise control reafy? Driving a PT I know, that all kinfds of features come down to software, blackbox and moon phases ...

Reply to
Hans Mücke

I have a RV with the Chrysler dealer here next friday, but I'm afraid he doesn't really know how to learn "cruise controlling" to the blackbox ... :o)

His answer today was : mount the switches, press on the "on/off" switch for more than 20 seconds with ignition on, and it will work... As you can guess, it doesn't ...

I hope it is possible to activate this function in the car "computer" but I would like to have some informations about it before friday ...

Thanks for your answer.

FS

Reply to
Eul'Fred

Votre vanette, elle est de quel annee?

Oui, mais il y a quelques autres pieces qui doivent etre installes pour avoir le systeme de control de croisement. Par exemple, le servo electrique qui position le soupape d'alimentation (meme comme quand vous appliquez votre pied au champignon) pour maintenir votre vitesse. Les vehicules non equippees de control de croisement, pour le plupart, ne sont pas equippees de cet servo, et parfois le filetage n'est pas completement present dans le chambre du moteur. Les agents Chrysler peuvent vous fournisse un jeu de pieces pour installation du control de croisement.

-Stern

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Il est de 2001. C'est le dernier modèle, diesel avec rampe commune

It was built in 2001. It is the last one, in Europe with VM Diesel engine and Common rail.

Je crois que le modèle CRD n'a pas besoin de cette pièce, car les injecteurs sont pilotés électriquement, chacun d'eux comporte une prise électrique et il n'y a aucun câble d'accélérateur dans la voiture. La pédale d'accélérateur actionne un potentiomètre. Toutefois, je prends note de votre réponse.

I think the Common rail Diesel engine does not need a vacuum servo control like the older engines because all the injectors have a electric connexion and there is not throttle cable on this car. The throttle pedal moves a potentiometer. But thanks for your answer, that's something in can ask for confirmation to the Chrysler dealer here.

Merci pour votre réponse.

Thanks for your ansewer.

FS

Reply to