still need help

Type of car.. 1991 lebaron 3.0 My car is HARD to start (now) before it was running real sluggish.. acting like it wanted to stall out (actually did stall out).. but only while driving it (steady pressure on the gass peddle) when it started to act like it wanted to die out I would give it full throddle and it would stop for a bit but then go right back to acting the same way..i replaced the fuel filter and that seemed to help for about 1 hour.. I parked the car for the night and went to start it the next morning and the same thing was happening... I disconnected the battery for 30 minutes and now when I try to start the car all I get is a single click and then everything goes dead..

Ok.. now the questions..

1.. what could possibly be wrong..

2.. how do I check the codes..

3.. why won't she start now after I disconnect the battery (I should say I CAN jump start it with pressure on the gas peddle but once I remove my foot from the gas peddle the car dies out right away)..
Reply to
jburns09

Have you checked the battery voltage? A bad battery can not only fail to provide power for starting, but can suck enough juice out of the alternator to make a weak spark while running.

Reply to
Dave Gower

First of all if the battery is no good it will cause all kinds of issues, how old is the battery and have you had it tested?

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower