Strange happening very suddenly on 98 T&C

Message here is primarily for Glenn Beasley but if anyone has an idea chime in! So my dad who lives over an hour away has a 98 T&C with 3.8. He calls me and says it doesn't run right "won't idle" and he's getting MIL light at times. So I look at it yesterday and my Mac scanner shows no codes. Even though the mil is on most times. The ASD, ETAX and fuel pump relays are all clicking away madly, and when the mil comes on so does the cruise control light. Now my mother indicated she has seen the CC light turning itslef on and off for quite some time now but thought it was her fault and didn't tell m eor my dad. So now I have this. The odd thing is last Firday evening they went a short distance to my sister's home had supper and when they were on the way home (about 4 miles or so) this began. He got it into the driveway but that was all. So this thing will sputter and spit with relays going nuts and lights blinking, no codes stored and than at times it will settle down and be smooth as glass. Than out of the blue it al starts again. So ideas? Thanks Joe

Reply to
jdoe

wiggle various wires.it does sound like a very poor electrical connection somewhere

Reply to
jonnyald

Reply to
jdoe

I saw a 99 voyager do that after the battery had been connected backwards and then connected the right way.

Reply to
Robert Reynolds

Start with making sure the battery is in good shape with a good charge. Anything that could pull down the 5 volt sensor could also be causing this problem such as a shorted cam or crank sensor or any one of the modules including PCM and TCM. You are almost going to have to have your scan tool connected when this happens to see what these sensors are doing. If not a co-pilot may be needed.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Reply to
philthy

Second try

Start with making sure the battery is in good shape with a good charge. Anything that could pull down the 5 volt sensor could also be causing this problem such as a shorted cam or crank sensor or any one of the modules including PCM and TCM. You are almost going to have to have your scan tool connected when this happens to see what these sensors are doing. If not a co-pilot may be needed.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Reply to
jdoe

Reply to
jdoe

let me know what they find

Glenn

Reply to
damnnickname

Well that's good to hear. hopefully you get a good reman PCM. Chrysler Uses an after market company that claims they rebuild them and send them back out on the market..... I say no more

Glenn

Reply to
maxpower

Reply to