woodgrain removal

Has anyone ever tried to remove the woodgrain trim from a PT Cruiser? Any tricks, tips? Thanks

Reply to
TByrd

Same way you removed it from a Ford Country Squire. Get out the hair drier / heat gun, and lots of patience.

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

...and expect the paint underneath to be noticeably glossier and less faded in color than what wasn't covered.

--Geoff

Reply to
Geoff

Thanks for the tips. I have an 02 Cruiser that was in an accident, both drivers side doors were severely damaged. I planned to replace the woodgrain on my new doors until I discovered the cost of woodgrain on just the doors would run over $1000.00. Absurd, so I decided to remove the woodgrain from the rest of the car, but wasn't sure what I would be getting in to.

Reply to
TByrd