WTB Radio for 93 Concord

Want to buy a (factory) radio for a 1993 Chrysler Concord

Reply to
klondyke

Though I do not disagree with you, I still would like to buy a working factory radio for the above car because mine just bit the dust and I happen to like radios that suck. Now that we understand each other, do you have a working factory radio? If you don't, there is no need to reply. Thanks.

Reply to
klondyke

Hi...

I'm new to Chrysler, being an old retired guy who drove GM's all my life. A '94 LHS. Can't tell it from brand new, except that the display on the radio didn't work.

Went through a long and confusing learning process as a result of that durned display, and learned quite a bit, at a bit of a price.

Having said all that, don't - don't jump at the first one you find, they're not all the same; very very different.

Others here can guide you far better than I, but if you want a bit of detail, feel free to send me an email and I'll be happy to tell you.

Take care.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Weitzel

Reply to
klondyke

Reply to
klondyke

Reply to
klondyke

Reply to
klondyke

------snip--------

Sorry about the previous posts. The computer went nuts....

I have the same problem as you with my Infinity radio. I have no display and cannot change channels. It sounds like an AM radio who has no antenna. I would like to replace it with the same radio if possible.

Reply to
klondyke

Hi...

No problem; here's what I've learned...

Original display was out though everything else worked perfectly and sounded unbelievably good. A personal hangup is a burned out bulb, so...

Found a local add for a pull from a 2000 minivan. Bought it (cheap) on the spot and installed it. Display worked, everything did, but it sure didn't sound anything like the original did. Good enough, had I not heard the original, but not after.

Difference was that the original said infinity on it, this pull didn't, and key is that original had 5 band equalizer; this one only three. Sounds like not much, but it's a huge difference! Also, this one wouldn't reliably play burned cd's. No prob for me, but according to my grand daughters it was the end of the world.

So, I finally found another perfect 5 band infinity, and it's great.

Wanted you to make sure that you knew the difference, and how important it is.

Also, the "ears", or whatever they're properly called. The tabs through which the mounting bolts go. Seems all have on the bottom left, but there are differences in the topmost one. Some point up, others point to the right.

Finally, there are some available (expensive) on ebay, but another poster here (sorry, forget who) warned me that there are scams going on with them - so if you go that route beware.

Finally, finally, :) I still have the 2000 minivan pull and don't want it - remember that it won't play burned cd's - that you can have if you like for what I paid for it. Dunno what it would cost to ship, though, nor what USA customs would charge you (I'm in Canada)

Hope this is a bit helpful.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Weitzel

Thanks for the replies, Ken. I need a 5 slider equalizer with a tape player. I really don't want to mess around with customs and long distance shipping because it is not worth that much to me.

Reply to
klondyke

I have the upscale radio, equalizers and cassette deck, in my '95 Concord. It's the best car radio I've ever had.

Reply to
Spam Hater

That sounds like the lovely radio in my '95 Concord. Now if only it would play CDs.

Reply to
Spam Hater