Citroen C8

I have just purchased a C8 2ltr 110 bhpdiesel SX, I have noticed a engine noise similar to loud tappet noise when going through 2nd & 3rd it seems to disappear in 4th & 5th it is quite distinct and not the usual diesel clatter noise that I am used to, has anyone else noticed this noise and if so is it 'normal' or if not is it curable? Also has anyone else heard of any other problems or recalls? thanks Mike.

Reply to
michael searle