Locked radio

I'm selling my Saxo (having just got a C5) so this afternoon went to re-fit the original radio having removed my aftermarket stereo.

When I connect the radio up and attempt to turn it on, I am faced with two messages from the LCD display:

code

1 error

I am assuming this is because the stereo requires me to input the code I have written in the vehicle handbook. I have no idea how to input this code, however, because the four digit code includes a zero and there are only buttons from 1-6 on the facia!

How does one go about unlocking such a thing?

Reply to
Toby Newman

Toby Newman ( snipped-for-privacy@asktoby.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

If it's like the Philips stereo in my s2 XM, then you use the tune up/down buttons to take each digit higher/lower, then the "1" channel button to store that digit.

Reply to
Adrian

Thanks for the swift response. That wasn't quite it but it gave me an idea of what to try. I had to wait for the

1 error code to go away and could then input the code using the 1234 buttons to change the first to fourth digits.

Success!

Reply to
Toby Newman