Goodwood Revival

Hi, just watched the Goodwood Revival on ITV, it looked very good. We would'nt mind going next year in the A40, but how much does a ticket cost? I've a feeling its going to be expensive!

-- Cheers Andy Jones

1959 Austin A40 Farina 1971 Morris Marina mk1 1.3 Saloon (J reg) 1971 Morris Marina mk1 1.3 Coupe (2) 1972 Morris Marina mk1 1.3 Coupe auto 1972 Morris Marina mk1 1.8 TC Coupe (2) 1973 Austin (Marina) 7cwt van 1098cc 1979 Morris Marina mk2 1.3 LE Coupe
Reply to
marinaman

20-40 pounds, see the itv site

cheers

Reply to
Eu Gra

I've a feeling you're right. Go here:

and check theprices. Went to the Festival of Speed for the first time this year and plan to see the Revival next, see you there.

Pete W

Reply to
Pete W.

Sorry, just checked it myself and there's no info available on prices.

Pete

Reply to
Pete W.

36 quid for the Sunday - with grandstand etc extra. A whole meeting ticket is IIRC about 50.

I bought my ticket and almost got there - but the traffic queuing to get in was so bad I turned round and went back home. (I've got an iffy back, and sitting in a jam for over two hours isn't fun. Driving is ok, though.)

The advice with hindsight seems to be don't go via the A3, but approach from the Brighton side.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

I recommend finding a campsite and going the night before! We are planning to go Thursday to Monday next year and do things at a relaxed pace; it's a nice area.

Pete W

Reply to
Pete W.

My brother had his caravan at the CC site in Chichister. Took him over an hour to do the three miles at 07.30

Reply to
Dave Plowman

If that was on the Sunday, I believe that may have been due to an accident on the big roundabout. I drove straight in without a queue on all three days, and that included coming through Petworth!. One simply has to get up in the morning . Always make a point of being trackside at the start/finish line in time for the track-opening ceremony ....than it's off to the GRRC tent for breakfast.

David Betts ( snipped-for-privacy@motorsport.org.uk) The Classic Car Gallery:

David Betts

Not expensive atall. Best value in British motor sport. Even better if you join the Goodwood Road Racing Club (GRRC). Discounted ticket for all six days of the Festival and Revival, plus fabulous facilities at the circuit. Also, it's the only way to get a pass to the inner paddock at the Revival.

Do enter into the spirit of the Revival meeting and dress up. The people who turn up in jeans and T-shirts or (worst of all) modern team gear look totally out of place and must feel complete prats.