97 Dakota P1763 trans solenoid problem

help! I have a 1997 dakota with the P1763 code. it apears that i have to change the trans solenoid. can anyone tell me what i need to do? drop the pan and is it right there or do i have to drop the valve body also. thanks andy

Reply to
JOHN

Nope, just the pan. You'll have to remove three valve-body bolts, and a couple of Torx screws holding the governor plate on, then you can remove the solenoid.

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

Reply to
Andy