MPG on Jeep Wrangler

What kind of mileage are you guys that have a wrangler seeing? I'm considering selling the F350 since I am no longer living in the country and no longer have a call for it. I'm thinking of replacing it with a

4cyl or 4.0L 6 cyl wrangler depending on mileage reports.
Reply to
Christopher D. Thompson

I can give the mileage on a 81 CJ7 if that would help.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

My grandcritters mommy has a '01 Wrangler automatic and 4 cyl and it does about 18-19-20 mpg just driving around. I don't think she's ever had it on the highway to check it. Most of the 6 cyl's that I know about get about

14-15 mpg.

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Really?? I was ready to start bitching about mine. I'm good for about

13-14mpg, But with the tires and the lift and it is like pushing a 4X8 sheet of plywood down the road I guess I'm not doing so bad.. No BS about my weight Denny! Go plow some more friggin snow!

Roy

Reply to
Roy

That really hurt.... And that is just what I'm heading out to do. Should be home in about 7-8 hours. Gotta love this white shit.....

Denny

Reply to
Denny

DAMN yer buddy snow job that backed up?

Reply to
Christopher D. Thompson

Thanks Denny, I was actually hoping for a little better but 18 ~ 20 round town wouldn't be real bad.

Reply to
Christopher D. Thompson

2 beers per block?

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Who really gives a flying f*ck about that idiot??

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Just be sure you drive that 4 cyl for awhile before you decide on it. I think it's really underpowered. My daughter likes it but I sure don't.

Shut up Roy........

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Chris,

You want mileage? The wife hit a best of 45 mpg with her toyota hybrid, usually it is 38 combination driving. Didn't you have a diesel jeep? One that I couldn't buy in MA?

Take a look here:

It has a ton of info on all jeeps.

I've been reading that most have found the 4cyl to be a bit underpowered. I've found my jeep to be okay for running around town to the beach and back stuff like that but that's about it. But that is exactly what bought it for, that and I can hose it out after a day at the beach fishing.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Yea I had a diesel jeep but i had to sell it. =( a little financial difficulty while my wife is looking for a new job. So I had to cut that payment. Anyway I'm living in an apartment now and my 1 ton Ford fills a parking spot....well a little more than fills, and i dont have the land to take care of anymore so i'm selling the tractor and considering getting rid of the truck for something a little more economical/fun to drive.

Reply to
Christopher D. Thompson

Oops, the friggin rabbit is overtired. He spent too many hours pushing white gold around and now he's bitchy. I suggested to ya that you go to bed and go back out in the morning, but no, you had to play iron man. Ya dent a fender or what?

Man I know exactly how ya feel, been there, done that, have the T shirt and the dented fender. Was watching the news, saw all the snow, went to the beach and hoisted a cold one for ya my friend, then laughed my skinnny ass off just thinking about the bs your going through

Roy.

Reply to
Roy

I hit a nerve there Denny???? I figured with that amount of time in the plow truck you had to be helping him out....otherwise why ya spending so much time plowin??? ya know he's got that K5 and we know how well a chebby is suited for work ;)

Reply to
Christopher D. Thompson

In the spirit of fair play, knowing that you are at more of a disadvantage than usual. Due to your being over tired, hungry (a huge deal for you) and cranky, I will refrain from tossing the cheap shot that your above post deserves.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Nah, not that bad.

Roy

I'm not looking to buy new, and down here the hybrids are not popular from what I've seen so there's not many of them on the used market. I may wind up in a little econo box..... depends on what i find for what price. My wife wants me to get a little 4 cyl truck like a Toyota or Mazda. I just don't know that I really want another truck unless its a diesel and i don't want to feed one at today's prices since i don't need it that much anymore.

Reply to
Christopher D. Thompson

That forum is about cj's, yj's, tj's, all of them in separate sub forums. Also a classified section that usually has some pretty good stuff listed.

I'd think that the hybrids aren't on the used car market because nobody is getting rid of them. Dealers here are getting msrp or better and there's a wait. It will get worse as gas prices go up.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Wow, I think Chris did hit a nerve. With a response like that, you would think just maybe the bunny got caught trading 'da machine' in for 'da snowbitch'. (GBMFG)

FMB (Snowless North Mexico)

Reply to
FMB

We have my wife's aunt and uncle visiting here from N. Dakota in their new Honda hybrid... said after the first 2,000 miles the MPG went from 38 to 49 almost over night.. I'd rather get 30 and have a bigger car, though... the 2 of them and a little luggage fill the damn thing..