AAArrrrgggg?

£25 For an engine mounting for my chinquecento!...more than the car is worth...I think I will stick to Mercs....
Reply to
jim.gm4dhj

With competition and discounting new car prices -ALL- mfrs seem to rip you off on the prices of specific to vehicle spares. I've also noted that in many cases there is little difference between the retail price of the spare and its fitted by a franchised dealer price. The franchised dealers seemingly getting parts at a fraction of the over the counter price. Maybe the Eurocrats and the Monopoly Commission ought to investigate this practice. That said there is a move to stop DIY repairs on H&S grounds. Doubt if it will worry the backstreet cowboys.

Reply to
ato_zee

NO DIY REPAIRS?!?!?! ARGH! This is worrying.

Reply to
Peter Hucker